no longer extatic about having my baby soon(vent)

edited November 2011 in Military moms
Don't get me wrong I want him. But NOW DAMNIT. Not in a couple days. Due the 10th and hubby just came home saying he heard a rumor about deployment dates. He heard both planes leave the same fucking day..

I swear I could puke from total disapointment. We were thinking we had at least 7 days after my due date til he left. Now its half a week after my due date...

I have a doc appt at 10:40 and we are going to beg for the membrame sweep. My mom is supose to fly in for the birth, but hasn't bought a ticket yet! Id rather my husband be here over my mom. So not going to wait to try and be induced.

Comments

• Btw.. I hate the fucking army... I cojuld say that a million times!!!!! And I don't want to hear "you knew what you were marrying into". Wrong. I didn't ask to marry a soldier. I just fell in love with a man who happens to have a shitty career. Hmpg
  • I dnt kno wat this is like but i hope tht all they are is rumors. Good luck girl!
  • Its very hard.. this is our first deployment and baby. :(
    Thank you @newmama16 I had to vent somewhere. By law I can't say the when's. But its to soon to my due date!
  • edited November 2011
    Ya ive heard tht shits real tricky n its too bad. It will suck, but even if shes only there a couple days after birth, its better then some girls on here whos men leav like a month before or wont be back til the babys like 3 months. I guess jus enjoy the time u guys do have as a new family. [-O< ill be thinkin of u guys.
  • My husband left when I was ten weeks with my 1st son and didn't meet him untill he was 6 months old ....and now I'm 38 weeks and he's gone again I'm getting induced next week but he can't come home untill she's born :( yes the army is shity when it comes to stuff like that
  • I would have rathered he missed my whole pregnancy then the 1st year of his life :(
  • I'm so sorry, I am sure you're devestated :( Deployments are hard and I agree that the military stinks! Soo true about just happening to fall in love with a soldier. Where are you stationed? On the plus side... They only do 9mo deployments now. My bf has done a 15mo and a 12mo! Terrible.
  • @stbmilitarybrat where did you hear they only go 9?? Derek is deploying for 12 months. :( we're at ft hood tx. We are from the same town so I'm moving home to have family support from both sides.

I asked about inducement and she said they won't until 41 weeks. Well he'll be gone by then!I asked her about striping the membrane, won't even do that. Hmph.

I'm now 50% effaced and 1.5-2 cm dilated. Been having light contractions off and on all week so hoping I have him. Not gonna give up!

On a side note... OUCH!! Hurt getting checked! It didn't hurt like that when I was checked the first time. Maybe she didn't do it hard b.c. I wasn't at my doctors, or state. But ya, this lady hurt me. Made the part between my butt and vajayjay bleed :( that normal? I'm so afraid ill tear there during labor.
  • Whoops, I'm sorry. I just asked my bf and he said it starts after Jan 1 so since he is going now it is still 12 :( It is definitely smart to go home!! Not only for help with the baby but if it wasn't for my family and friends back home I would have never made it. I wish ya the best of luck and will say a prayer that you go soon! :X I'm also here if ya need to talk. My best advice is ignore everyone lol sounds mean but a lot of people are going to give you advice and act like they know what you're going through when they have never been there. Atleast they did with me anyways!
  • I know how that feels. My hubby left right after I had my daughter and she'll be about 9 months before he gets home. He had about a week with her since he helped move us back to Arizona. The only advice I have is just try to make the best out of the time you'll have together and pictures pictures pictures while he is gone.

I email my husband pictures about once a week and then mail pictured every few weeks. He doesn't get to be here tobsee how big she iS getting or what she is doing but pictures and emails make him feel a little closer.

This is our 3rd deployment and first baby and I swear it feels like this deployment has flown by so far since I've been so busy with the baby. Moving with family is one of the best choices I've made. I'm gonna be moving back to base in January sometime to get the baby adjusted before hubby gets home.
  • im sorry to hear that. We went thru something like this only daddy got deployed 2 months before my due date and didnt come back for the birth and he just came back and our son is 4 months. it was hard without him and i just decide that i would move back wit my moter til he came home. his our first and we are stationed in AK and i didnt have ant friends or know anyone, so that was the best decision for me. now daddy is back home and he has to get use to him. its gon take a while but hes getting to know him.
  • Remember your husband is in the military for a reason. It may suck right now but be proud of what he is doing for you and your baby.
  • UPDATE ON DEPLOYING!!!!¡¡¡¡ hubby came home and tells me he got put on rear d! Meaning he won't leave until at least next month!! :D I couldn't be happier right now. Still sad he has to leave, but at least daddy will be able to hold his boy and bond before he leaves
  • Yay!!!!! That's so exciting!!!
  • Oooooo another update about the membrane sweep!! JUST lost my plug!! I went walking around khols and walmart a bit around 8. Now 3 hrs later I lost my plug. Yay.

Its still safe to have sex right? Just as long as my water doesn't break I can have sex?
  • @Leggs2011 yes you should definitely try sex :) my hubby was supposed to be deploying 3 days before my due date. Then they changed him and so I thought he would be home...now we find out they want him to g away to school for 6 months. Seriously can we get. Break? With our first he missed months 4-10 and with this one he will miss the first 6 months or more depending on when they think hell be done. It sucks :(
  • My hubbie wants to go in but he won't bc he doesn't want to leave his little girl and me
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.