whats your babies favorite?

edited November 2011 in Solid Foods
I'm curious as to what food everyone's baby likes most. Homemade or store bought. I'm starting my son on peas in less then two weeks. Then I plan to move onto avocado.

Comments

• I'm starting veggies in two weeks also, although I've been told to start with Orange veggies. I'll probably do carrots first! Then maybe sweet potato. We started cereal on the 31st, but rice was making her constipated so were now doing oats. I can't wait till veggies. I plan on doing them myself!
  • ssorry I didn't answer you're question lol
  • We have done peas and green beans so far and green beans haven't gone over very well. She LOVED the peas tho
  • @natashalynn - lol, that's ok. Ive ben doing rice as well. we're also having constipation issues, are the oats going over any better?
  • Ya they seem to be helping. And she seems to like it better!
  • My baby loves mango smoothie from Gerber. She loves her food period but hates stage one meats. But she's stage 2 now and that's all wic covers lol. She is okay with peas but green beans she loves
  • @natashalynn - I may try switching after the 4 days is up on the new food thing.
  • My daughter loves Gerber mixed vegetables and the garden vegetables. She also loves Plum brand broccoli and banana and She normally isn't a banana fan. Her favorite fruits are blueberries and mango. She loves all types of meat and cheeses we have offered (had liver for the first time last night) but isn't to fond of eggs.
  • It's better for them if u do home made bc the store bought stuff has so many preservatives to make em last longer. Sisters baby loves carrots n peas
  • edited November 2011
    @sea765 - yeah I'm doing homemade. Everything is ready to go. But I can always look to see what's In the store bought stuff and make it myself. :)
  • My son loved homemade veggie soup. Id make it & put it in the food procesor. He'd eat any bit i'd give him! Hes 7 and loves every veggie!
  • @Pinkigirl - that's what I'm hoping for. I'm such a picky eater. But I'm trying really hard to eat outside my comfort zone. I don't want my son to deal with the eating issues I have when he's older.
  • My son always moved the apple sauce and bananas no greens at all lol
  • I can't wait to start solid foods next month I am going to start with cereal then veggies I can not wait I also want a baby bullet so I can make my own I just think that is too cool.
  • @preggointx I have the baby bullet also! I can't wait to try it!!
  • @preggointx - I have the baby bullet. I've been trying to find the time to use it all day. I'm beyond excited about making his food but most people think its crazy.
  • My son loves applesauce, peaches and pears.. I tried him on peas and you would have thought I gave him a spoon of poop lol the poor lil thing gagged.. He did ok with carrots and I'm going to be trying sweet potatos and squash soon..
  • @Mamapalmer - lol poor baby. Are you goin to try the peas again?
  • @aydonsmommy yes I'm going to try peas again but maybe next time I'll try a lil bit of fruit on the same spoon so he can get a lil sweetness with it.. I tried jace on the rice cereal and he hated that too, my older son was never a picky eater so I'm hoping this one isn't but we shall see..
  • @Mamapalmer - that's a good idea ill have to try that. I learn so much from my preglys!