castor oil. how far?

edited November 2011 in Third Trimester
How many cm and effaced were you when you did it? Ill be 40 weeks on the 10th(or 12th if you feel like counting babies growth scan results at 22 wks) I say the 10th b.c. its sooner. Lol.

Anyways hubby deploys verrrrry soon after my due date. Otherwise I would let nature take its course and not stress about having him.

I JUST left the docs and I am 50% effaced and 1.5-2 cm dilated. I plan to walk today if I can get someone to go to the mall with me(its raining here in tx) I have to do a damn 24 hr pee test or I would do the castor oil tomorrow.. can I do it now or should I wait after my pee test?

Also not sure on how effective the castor oil will be at my dilation spot. Do I need to be more effaced and dilated to do any good?

Comments

• I did the castrol oil and it gave me strong contractions but they went away. But castrol oil will get you sick too.
  • Id wait and not do it same day if of pee collection. Castor oil can give you diarrhea and the pee test has so many plastic parts and jugs it's hard enough to get it all set up every time you pee let alone you'd be running to the bathroom not to poop your pants! You may end up not collecting enough pee if you skip a few times because of not having time to set everything up.
  • Wait till after the test but I did it and all I got was the shitz and contractions but no baby