whys he licking his mittens so much!

edited November 2011 in First time moms
my 7 weed old is licking and sucking on his mittens all the time :/
i though he was hungry but i tired feeding him but he refused
his mittens are always soaked haha
he cant be teething right?

Comments

• He licks them? Lol I bet that's cute. But I have no idea why. Some babies do teeth early so it's possible I'd say.
  • Lol my son stuck everything and anything in his mouth when he was a baby. I think that's how they explore hahaha
  • At 7 weeks old my daughter was drooling sooo much and liked to suck Ger fingers and fist. She doesn't war mittens anymore
  • @1stWoodsBaby hahaha yeah its cute all i hear at night before we go to bed is him sucking on his mittens or hands when he doesnt have them on haha

@myHEARTZx3 yeah maybe he is exploring haha
  • @lily_glz yeah mine drools alot now to :D
    yeah i have to to put mittens on him sometimes still cause
    he likes to rubs his eyes to tell us he wants to take his nap
  • Awww mine just cries big crybaby lol..
  • my son is 7 weeks also and is doing the same...drooling, licking his mittens, sucking his hands etc. he is too cute!
  • @mom2be haha i wonder whats with the licking tho :D
  • My son does that too. And when there of he sucks his pointer finger lol. He sleeps in a pack and play in our room and we hear him smacking his lips all night! I think its cute!
  • @pregnantELF
    hahaha i know what you mean my lil boy does the same at night :D
  • My son does that too. He is a big fan of His own hands and he doesn't care if they are covered. We have an ultrasound picture of him sucking his fingers in my belly lol.
  • @Samantha awwww!! thats cute :D
  • Has yours given himself a hickey yet? Brody has on his arm. If I'm not quick enough to feed him he sucks on his left arm lol.
  • :D No not yet!
  • I wrap my daughter and she often wriggles her arms to the top and sucks her hands through the wrap. Babies have alot of nerve endings in.their mouth, thats why they stick everything in there for the first year or so
  • It's a soothing thing and a way to explore their world.