For Catholics- Baptism question

edited November 2011 in Parenting
When are you planning on getting your baby baptized? Just curious to see at how many months people get their babies baptized or after they turn a year...

Comments

• Just had Mackenzies baptism on Sunday....she is about two and a half months....it was perfect because she slept through the whole thing lol
  • David will be about four months!
  • edited November 2011
    We decided to baptise Julian when he turns 1, that way we can just do one big party at once. You know us paisas go all out.lol
  • @coltensmamma @mmomma1013 I was thinking about doing it when he is closer to a year because the weather will be warmer. Is it a long process to get things arranged with the church?
  • @JuliansMommy Exactly why we wanna do it more towards when he is one lol...that and the warm weather here in Chicago, it would be too cold to do it when he is only a few months old. Aaaah I can't wait to see him in his little white outfit! Are you gonna do a presentation?
  • Yes, the weather was another reason. It's already getting cold here too. I know they are going to look adorable in their outfits!! We've been wanting to take him to do the presentation but it's been cold. Hopefully this weekend coming up won't be as bad.
  • question i wana get mine baptised too
    but its hard picking godparents and a lil confused on how to pick them
    do they have to be a couple or what?
  • At my church it was a pretty simple process...they have baptisms year round on the first Sunday of every month...our god parents did have to go to a class for one night though...not bad at all...when we got to the church there was 6 babies being baptized....it was pretty quick though,about an hour....we enjoyed it..mackenzie looked sooo beautiful in her dress...my mother in law made it out of her wedding dress...it was sooo nice!!
  • @lindah22 I was wondering the same thing too, but I was told that they do not have to be a couple
  • @lindah22 you don't have to pick a couple. My God parents are my Auntie and my Dads best friend, you can have whoever you like. My friends godparents are her 2 aunties so you could have 2 women or 2 men if you wanted to :-)
  • Both of my kids we're 4 months. Neither of my kids God parents are a couple. In the catholic church it has to be one man and one woman, also one must be a practicing catholic.
  • edited November 2011
    It depends on the priest some of them ask for the marriage gift certificate given by the catholic church if the godparents are ried. They asked us for it when we baptized my niece. But they didn't ask for that when we baptized my cousin. I think Julian's going to have 2 sets of godparents.
  • We are getting elizabeth baptized when shes 2 cause we are having our church wedding(we got marrried at yhe court house) aug 14 2013 so we are going to baptizes her at the same time!
  • Im planning on baptizing her ASAP as soon as she's born and then we have to go to 4 classes along with the god parents to be. They also must have their sacraments done as well. :)
  • edited November 2011
    ~:> Panchito is back...he pops up every now and then when he's urked.
  • @Juliansmommy hahahha good idea!!! Bday party n baptisim
  • edited November 2011
    @adri805- I know I got that idea from my sister. Lol it works out great:)
  • She will be wearing my baptism drees so im plannin around that lol shell be about 3/4 months
    @excitedforoctober im also from chicago..what part are ufrom?
  • My sil whose baby it was and the godmother (another sil) both had to go to a class one night the week before. My dh is the godfather but they didn't make him bc he's involved in the knights of Columbus at church.
  • @JuliansMommy Lmao... [..] Bob knows whats Panchito means
  • @MyBamBina28 I'm from the western suburbs, Berwyn to be exact :) How about you?
  • Im on the nw side.. I have family in berwyn ;)
  • My babygirl will be baptized the first Sunday in December she will be 3 months
  • @MyBamBina28 Oh nice :) I work in the nw side, by where the Brickyard mall used to be at.
  • Bob is so damn smart..lmao
  • Lol thats the area I live in. about 5 min from there
  • @MyBamBina28 Lol, really? What a coincidence :)
  • Heeeeeyyyyy!!!!! Yo voy a bautisar ami moco en marzo, faltando 10 dias para cumplir los 6 meces!