Its been a week!! & here is my very horrible labor story:/ Long but worth reading!

on oct. 31 i had my last dr appt. i went in at 7:45.. i was 0 cm soft & very high. my due date was on nov. 2nd so she said if i was interested in an induction. of course i said yes! well she sent me to the hospital that same day at 5pm. my induction began with cytotec at 6pm. by 9pm i was 1cm dialated which meant all was going well. by 12am i was 3cm dialated so they thought i was gonna deliver very soon. at 3am while i was asleep my water broke. my baby had sooo much liquid so it was a hugeeee gush! i requested the epidural cuz contractions got horrible. the anesthesiologist(spelling) came in & poked my back. while the needle was in there he realized he forgot some medication so he sent the nurse to get it. meanwhile my water still gushing out! nurse came back & he couldnt get the catheter in! ugh! he poked me a total of 6 times! all failed! i had to wait till the next shift for another guy to try! so finally the other guy came in & succeeded on the first try! after an hr the nurse checked me & i was fully effaced & fully dialated but the baby was still high! the dr came in nov. 1st at 7am to check on me. the baby was high so she had my epidural removed so i could feel more pain & pressure. at 3pm i started pushing with the baby still high & no epi. i pushed for a total of 2 hrs with no success.. she refused to put the epi back so it was too painful! she wore me out pushing. i finally told her i could no longer do it & i refused to keep pushing. i wasnt even feeling any pressure or urges to push. she askd if i wanted a csec & i immediately said yes! i never wanted a csec never! but for some reason that option felt so comfortable & i felt satisfied with it. she put my epidural back on while they waited to do the csec. i fell asleep & my dr came in to tell me it was time. i was exhausted at the time of surgery so i was falling asleep during. my mom & husband were with me. my son was finally born at 5:30 pm weighing 8lbs 5 oz & measuring 21 in. when i was taken to recovery the dr went in and apologized. she congratulated me for my decision because she said if my baby wouldve been born vaginally he wouldve died. due to the fact that the cord was really tight around his neck three times & he was really high if he had been pushed out the cord wouldve suffocated him. thank God my baby is ok now! ive had the worst recovery but i try my best everyday to feel better cuz i know my child needs me :) thankk u girls for reading.. i know its soo long!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow that's crazy but I'm glad you & your baby are OK. Congrats on the Baby Boy Btw: )
  • Sorry to hear all the bad stuff hun. You went thru soooo much pain, but in the end it was worth it. God is great, it was a sign from God that you needed to have a csec because of that cord. Congrats on the baby!
  • Glad to hear your baby is okay! Ahh that's scary to think about. Hope you're feeling better momma ;)
  • Oh wow. My baby had the cord around her neck 3 times and once across her body and I pushed her out in 30 mins. Glad you baby is safe and congrats
  • I understand your pain of being stuck, I was stuck 4times epi(1) and spinal (3). Glad you and baby are both doing Fine! Congrats!
  • I'm proud of you for being so open with each decision and not being stubborn with a plan. I see it as whatever gets your baby out safely is all that matters. Good luck for recovery, lots of xoxo for your lil one :)
  • O wow..congratulations! glad he's ok and you too!
  • Sorry it didn't go quite as smoothly as hoped, but big congrats!!!
  • Ur story sounds a little simular to mines but its all worth it in the end... stick in there & congrats!
  • edited November 2011
    Holy cow! Congrats on your little one and him being okay. I would be so scared if they told me the cord was around his neck..Now im nervous I go in for my induction tonight at 8pm hoping for a better experience then that.
  • Sounds like my labor story only i did end up delivering vaginally. My baby girl came out blue. Cord was wrapped around her neck three times as well. I pushed for three hours and then the doc used the vacuum. Congrats on your baby boy :)
  • Wow...what a labor. Glad ur all okay :) congrats
  • Wow.. you're awesome!!! Quite birth story.. congrats on your baby!!! glad you are both safe..
  • Congrats! Glad everything turned out okay