is my baby eating to often?

edited November 2011 in Food
My son started off eating every 3hours then it went to 2 1/2 hours then 2 hours then 1 1/2 hours so I started giving him an extra ounce off milk and now he eats every 2 hours sometimes 2 1/2. So I tried giving him a extra 1/2 ounce but he would Wat it or just spat it all up. So my question is , is it normal for him to be eating that often? Oh and he's 6 weeks old

Comments

• 21/2 _4 hours is what my pediatrician said was normal. She said only to increase milk in 1/2 oz increments. My son is also six weeks he takes 4 oz every three hours.
  • @pregnantelf he's only at 3 oz. Would you know when should I increase like every 2 weeks or something. Am a ftm so am a little lost . Am also going to ask his pediatrician on his next appointment
  • I'm also ftm, I would ask his ped. My was at 3.5 for about 3 weeks.
  • I dont think a baby can ever each to often. But if you want him to last longer then try feeding him more at each sitting... upping it by 1/2 oz until he spits it up. He may just be eating so often because he is cluster feeding.
  • My last baby ate every hour an half so her pediatrician told me to put her on a lil cereal at 4 wks
  • My lil chunk is 7 weeks. He eats about 4 ounces every 3 hours. He's formula fed and breast fed (mostly formula unfortunately) but still wants to eat every three hours. He's a porker...he weighed 8 lbs at birth but lost waaay to much the 1st week since I wasn't producing enuf milk. He weighed 12 lbs last week when I took him to the doctor.
  • my son eats between 4-6oz every 4 hours. that's how much he gets when he gets a formula bottle. he's breastfed during the day, and he'll want the boob every 3-4 hours still.

@fitmama my son was a chunker too at birth he was 9lbs 9oz and at 9 weeks was 13lbs 7oz 87th percentile for weight lol
  • My daughter is 7 weeks and takes between 4-6 oz every 2.5-4 hours...I started with 3 oz but she wanted it every 1.5 hours so he said to up it to 4-6 oz every 3-5 hours so I upped it to 4 oz and it did nothing so now she's 5 oz during the day and 6 oz at night, helps her sleep.