curious.. mucus plug smells really sweet.. normal?

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
Read the title. Lol.. is it suppose to smell sweet?! I lost it last night(9th).. and right now I'm loosing more. I never heard anyone mention the smell of it.

I'm a weirdo and smell my tissue when something new is on it. Haha.. b.c. I was always taught if it has a bad smell go get checked

Comments

• Nevermind. Called nurse hotline and she said not to worry about it. Asked if I was gestational diabetic and I said no.
  • Ok... still curious after all..

Also how long do you loose your plug?? Its been 3 days of loosing it and seems like a lot...
  • I lost mine over course of few weeks then the rest when my water broke. And smell Idk. Amniotic fluid smells sweet.
  • What does it look like? I think i lost something, but i don't know what it was.
  • @angel26 mine was like a long stringy booger. Clear, but tinted with red blood. Then next day had brown blood in it. Theeen now its just little pieces of mucus when I wipe, or sometimes still stringy, no blood now. Its real thick.
    Tmi but I took a bath last night and saw something floating(I wear glasses but had them off). I picked it up b.c. I thought it looked like plastic, but ew. Was more mucus. It was slimey and thick. Didn't break when I picked it up. Def showered after I found that. Haha

Hope that info helps!
  • Oh ok. Thanks. That helps