My daughter made her debut!

edited November 2011 in Giving birth
Chloe Jacie Miccoli has arrived! 6lbs 11oz, 19 inches long and born 11-12-11. Birth Story to follow...

Comments

• Congratulations. Can't wait to hear how it went.
  • I went to the hospital 11-10-11 with mild contractions, but was hoping I dilated more being I was 2 days over due date. Oh well, doc's orders were "go shopping, take a long shower and enjoy the quiet while it lasted". So I did. Contractions intensified overnight but I was able to talk through them.
    On 11-11-11 I went to the hospital when contractions were 8 minutes apart for 2 hours with 7/10 pain. When checked, I still hadn't dilated more than 1 centimeter. Pain escalted to 9+/10 so they admitted me. Contractions then occurred every 3 minutes, lasting about 1 minute each. I was screaming, so unlike me. After about 10 hours of these contractions, i hadn't dilated, doc said "the contractions were too strong that my body was fighting them and cervix was snapping back to original shape after each contraction. They couldn't give me any pain meds being dilation hadn't progress.
    Finally, I mustered up energy between screams to stand and my water broke! I went to 3 centimeters instantly. Pain got worse if you could imagine. They transferred me to another room on l & d and when checked about 11 minutes later I was at 7 centimeters. I was planning on not getting an epidural and going as natural as possible. However, baby's heart rate dropped and they wisked me away to OR for c-section. While prepping me there, heart rate stabilized so they transferred me out to birthing room for a natural delivery...I was at 9 centimeters, 90%, -1. Heart rate then dropped again and the chaos began back towards the OR for c-section! 10 minutes later, the most amazing human entered my life! Chloe is absolutely perfect! Delivery didn't go near what I expected but as soon as I saw my husband holding our daughter, my expectations were surpassed. Wham! Instant family! I love being a mommy...love,love,love!

• Aww... Congrats! :)
  • So happy for u!!! Congrats!!! :) what a gift!