I feel trapped :( I want to go home

edited November 2011 in Depression
Raistlin is 11 days old and we're living with my fiance, his parents, and his younger sister. I feel like I have no privacy outside our bedroom, which is crowded with ours and Raistlin's things, I can't leave this room without running into someone and I'm not a social person, I would rather be alone most of the time. I hate that whenever I leave the room they try to start conversations with me and someone ALWAYS tells me how exhausted I look.. ya thanks I KNOW. And after they all get home from work during the day they take my son and pass him around for hours and when they're done with him they don't even bring him back to me they usually just put him in his swing or something.. My fiance refuses to move into my mom's house even though it's almost twice the size of his house and the only other person living there is my mom.. we would have the entire basement to ourselves except every other weekend when my sister comes and stays. My family has always been independent, we never really had family night or did anything special on the holidays since the rest of our family lives out of state. Last Thanksgiving I sat at home with my mom and we made chili and had pumpkin pie, and I loved it. Talon has all of these huge family get togethers that I hate because his house gets SO crowded and I can't remember anyone's names and everyone is asking me personal questions like I want to tell them about my whole life.. I get really bad anxiety around that many people that I don't know and I get really quiet, so I'll go to our bedroom to get away from all of the chaos and he gets mad at me for being antisocial.. I'm at a point where I almost never leave our bedroom except to warm up a bottle for Raistlin or use the bathroom or something.. I hate living here :( I want to go back home

Comments

• Ive been in that situation, thankfully it was before I had Malia. I suggest moving home, thats what I did (but my bf agreed). And if he lovves you, he WILL follow. Its not like you are going to be far from his family, or keep him from visiting them.(?)
  • Seriously if u feel its that bad then move home w out him. If he really loves u then he will follow. U gotta do what u gotta do.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree with these ladies move out.
  • I'm in the same situation hon. We live upstairs at my hubby's 'rent's place. I hate going downstairs and will sit upstairs starving rather then go downstairs n eat. Only time I go downstairs is to make lil man a bottle or eat when I absolutely have too... we're getting a place of our own soon tho. Hopefully.
  • Wow me and bd just had a similar convo about me being antisocial. I'm upstairs in his room avoiding the million people downstairs. We live here half the time and at my uncles the other half. When we're here i just wanna hide.
  • Sorry ur dealing with that I hope the situation improves