baby('fetus') has chills?

edited November 2011 in Third Trimester
He keeps shaking like he has the chills... its so weird. And sometimes it feels like he is gasping for air or choking...

Anyone else feel baby move weird?

I'm 40.4weeks

Comments

• I think he's practicing breathing. At least that's what I've seen people saying about something similar.
  • Their nervous systems aren't mature and can cause shaking type movements. When baby is born watch for a movement that matches how it feels, probably when it stretches.
  • Yeah my lil man is a week n 2 days n when he was born he shook like you're describing. So its prolly just what @doodles said, but in utero.
  • My daughter had the shakes in utero. When she came out she still had them. It went away on its own, completely normal.
  • Ok good :) i was a bit nervous.
  • When Hope was in the womb she would make really twitchy movements an stil does now at 8 weeks when she's falling to sleep! The health visitor said its completly normal an she will grow out of it!
  • That's good to know @hopes_mummy I have no idea about newborns!! I ran a in home daycare, but the youngest id watch was 8 weeks.. and I just realized last week I barely know anything about tiny babes. Oops. Guess I'm going to get a book from the library.
  • The internet is better I've got 2 books have only looked at the pics
  • @darknesofnight4u haha true! I have the week by week pregnancy book and a cpl others and haven't read them really. I'll skim articles. Its just boring to me.
  • Yup I've learned a lot from here and baby center app at my last ob apointment I got called a encylopedia of babys lol I'm also a stay at home wife kinda on bed rest so what else to do lol I have web sites and links saved for everything including where to call for 24/7 free lactation cunsultant and types if poo lol
  • Haha neat. I'm also a stay at home wife. Was working the daycare up until a month ago though. But now its just going to be my baby for a while since my hubby deploys sometime next month. I've looked at the poo pics on line at baby center several times. Lol. And recently showed my husband since he'll be here for a month

@darknesofnight4u