shedding like a dang dog!

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
I'm 12 weeks pp and my hair is falling out like crazy! Every time I shower and brush my hair I end up with a pretty good sized hair ball ugh.. it just started and I can't wait for it to stop! Anyone else? And when did it stop?

Comments

• When u were prego, all the prenatals helped with hair and nail growth eventually after and if u stopped taking it the hair u grew during pregnancy falls out
  • My hair got alot thicker & longer. My hair is down to my waist and im still takin prenatals so its still growing :)
  • Maybe I should start taking them again.. my hair is halfway down my back (longest its ever been) my hair is normally thick but it dud seem extra thick during pregnancy. . I'm just tired of leaving s trail of hair behind me lol @mrsthompson34
  • Yes take them again n plus if ur bf it helps baby get more vitamins :) girl I used to shed alot also not so much anymore
  • Wat nationality r u?
  • I stopped bf so I stopped taking them.. I am full Mexican :) @mrsthompson34
  • Oh okay, I couldnt tell by ur pic so I asked :) I didnt wana start guessing lol the pic so small on my phone
  • Lol yea I'm very dark! Don't worry people see me in person and still guess! Indian, Asian, its like really?! @mrsthompson34
  • Lol in ur profile pic u dont look dark I just cant really see ur face. U dont look indian thas for sure lmao.
  • When your prego your body stops the hair shedding process. So after you have your baby or stop breastfeeding you shed the hair you would have shed over 9 months if you weren't prego. Prenatals make your hair grow faster, but they don't generate new hair. Otherwise bald people would have an easy cure lol! It will even out eventually.
  • Yeah...it happens to me everytime after I give birth. The doc tells me to keep taking my prenatals but I don't think it helps much lol. I hated it...with my daughter it was bad I could tell in my hairline that I was missing alot of hair. For the longest of time it grew back slowly and had all short baby hairs thru my whole head
  • Keep taking ur vitamins. It will help a bit.
  • @myHEARTZx3 I noticed my hair line is so thin right now it's crazy! My baby is 3 months old and I'm still shedding bad! It doesn't help with me being in the military that I have to wear my hair in a ponytail and before I had it cut but it grew back too fast. I wish this didn't have to happen to us wonderful preglies!
  • They say its not that your hair grew thicker but you shed less if at all so all the hair you should have shed during those 9 months sheds after the pregnancy. I noticed mines never sheds so like you guys imma have a heart attack when it starts :(
  • I wish the hair that grew on my ass would shed!
  • @caroline8_p lmao! I wish the hair on my belly would shed ugh
  • Mine finally started falling out 3 months pp. I still take prenatals n breastfeed. Taking prenatals will not prevent it from happening
  • When yur prego yu hair slows down on growth and daily shedding that's why it seems so thick.. due to hormones... once yu have baby of course thee hormones change so it seems like yur hair is falling out a bunch when really its catching up to all its shedding it was supposed to do lol...
  • Oops someone said what isaid already lol...