castor oil.. ON MY BELLY??

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
Someone local suggested rubbing the oil on my belly. Anyone ever hear of this?

I bought the oil wanting to drink it. But I've been sick and don't think its a good idea while sick. Esp if I get the runs and need to cough and 'uh oh'. Haha

Comments

• Lol Idk bump. Def don't want an uh-oh moment Haha.
  • Umm no, never heard of it..i wouldnt do it personally. I use castor oil on my hair sometimes because it makes your hair thicker. You may wake up with a big hairy belly!!!
  • Haha no def not @samantha when I cough its a huge fit of coughs. Going to the docs today for it. I've been taking tussin but not every 4 hrs b.c. I rly don't want to take any meds. I've stayed away from them my whole pregnancy. But I'm 40.5 weeks and don't want to be pushing baby out and cough and suck him back in! Id be so pissed.
  • @lovingmyunborn haha that's true. I'm happy it hasn't gotten hairy with my hormones. Id hate to mess it up now.
    What does the castor oil do for your hair? I just recently spotted it in the 'ethnic' isle at cvs. Can white ppl use it? I'm about to chop like 8 in of hair off b.c. its so dry and frizzy even after trims.
  • @leggs2011 lol i literally have 1inch hairs growing on my stomach from these pregnancy hormones..its scary!!

It helps your hair grow in thicker and stronger!! I dont leave it on. i put it in my deep conditioners and wash it out, so i dont see why white people couldnt use it..but im not sure what it would do for dry and frizzy hair, you could def. Research different kinds of oils for that! theres so many different ones with different uses, and theyre all natural:)...
  • @you can also look into protein treatments to bring life back into your hair! Youtube it girl! Im sure youll find something..
  • Dry frizzy hair I use Paul Mitchell skinny serum. And I have curly hair as well works wonders. Not greasy and a little seriously goes a long way. To help hair grow I use mane and tail shampoo and conditioner. Yes its the stuff for horses it works. Also keep taking your prenatal vitamins will help after pregnancy. I never knew about Castor oil being used for hair. Hmmm. Feel better lady. Sucks being pregnant and sick and your super pregnant on top of it ugh that's even worse lol.
  • @lovingmyunborn ew I made this one hair treatment. It had eggs, olive oil, mayo and somthing else. It smelled aaaaweful!!!! I had to try it though b.c. I chemically burnt my hair around 16 weeks trying to straighten the perm out. Big mistake!

@samantha I used to use the 'horse' shampoo. But my hair will get used to a shampoo and it will stop working. My hair is greasy at the scalp but dry and frizz at the ends.
    Yes VERY pregnant :(

I think I might try the oil on my belly. I just got done googling it. Some say it will start labor if the cervix is ripened. That means effaced right? I was at 50% last Tuesday. One website said to massage oil in then put a hot towel on your belly.