final weeks of pregnancy (docs appt) questions

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
do they always give you a final ultrasound that predicts babys potential birth weight? if you had one when was it done? my weekly appts start on monday i know they will start checking me then for effacement & dilation then but do they check station & engagement also or is that just for when youre in labor? also when is the GBS swab done? my OB hasnt mentioned anything about it yet so im pretty curious.

Comments

• Mime didnt unless there were complications.
    I only had two. The first to comfirm baby was there and the 20 week one
  • goshh i want another lol i had one a 7, 9, 12 & 20,& two 3d/4d's & i never got a really good profile shot. i want one for the album! :-((
  • It all depends on insurance and your dr. Who knows you might get one! I wasn't lucky and didn't :(
  • I got one with my daughter at 38 weeks.. Good thing too cause I had been leaking my amniotic fluid..
  • I only got 3 I didn't get a last unless they thought baby was in danger. And gbs I had done at 36 I think they do it between 35-37 weeks. And he checked how baby was just by using his hands on the outside of my belly. And I personally wouldn't wanna know how big baby is that would get me worried about what is coming out lol.
  • I'm at 37 weeks no more ultra sounds for me my Dr has never said a thing about what she might weight. I had my GBS swab at 36 week appt. yup that was not awesome. My dr does check for dialation now every week and softness.
  • i didn't get any last ultrasounds with my last two kids...the only reason i get ultrasounds with this one is they keep checking on my placenta. the GBS test should be done soon...
  • Everything was done at 36 weeks. Final us gbs and hiv test.
  • So when do they usually start checking for dilatation?
  • My doctor starts at 36 weeks .