My birth story (pic added)

edited November 2011 in Giving birth
finally gettng some time to sit down and tell. went to the doctor on monday and i was still only dilated to a 1 which i was dilated for a whole week. we started talking about induction so i was scheduled to go in tuesday to the hospital for gel to be put on my cervix then have a foley bulb on wednesday. i woke up at 430 on wednesday morning timing contractions at 3 minutes apart. we went in and i was only dilated to a 2 so they had me walk the floor for and hour and i was still dilated to a 2 they went ahead and kept me started an iv and gave me a pain medicine that would make me sleep inbetween the contractions i dont remember alot of the labor part i know eventually they told me that i might have to have a c section because i was stuck at a 4 my mom told me that from there i went from a 4 to a 7 to fully dilated in about an hour. i ended up getting an epidural somewhere along there. Kayla Michelle Jackson was born 11/16/11 at 8:18 she was 8lbs 2oz and was 20 1/2 inches. i was discharged last night but my little girl wont be able to come home untill monday because she stopped breathing while i was feeding her she stopped moving turned blue and really scared the crap out of me. she has been diagnosed with reflux and has been put on medication to treat it. sadly we hit a weekend so the doctor wont look at her test results untill monday to release her.

Comments

• Oh wow that is scary. im glad everything was ok. congratulations though on your baby!
  • I might have sh!t my pants! Congratulations mommy!
  • Well done momma! Hope this weekend flies by :)
  • i was crying for two hours while we had to wait to see her but i am so relieved that she is doing good i am so anxious for her to come home but i know that she is being taken care of @kayleigh27 @whoaababy @tashalou
  • Wow that's scary, glad she's ok. Congrats :X
  • I would have done the same. My daughter cries bloody murder when I change her diaper and clothes and sometimes I cry with her!
  • I'm glad everything turned out well! She's beautiful! I hope tomorrow passes quickly so you can see the results and take her home with you :)
  • i was suprised that her head wasnt more smooshed since she was delivered naturally @usafwife_21
  • congrats the same thing happend to my now 3 year old son during his first feeding he threw up and stoped breathing and turned blue it happened atleat 3 times in the nursery before they decided to take him to the nicu he was in there for about a week and finally sent home on a apnea monitor to sound a alarm if he stops breathing he didnt need it once he got home because i figured out that if u feed him let him sit still and let it digest first instead of picking him up and moving him. hope she comes home soon i know the feeling of leaving them at the hospital
  • Awww she's a cute little chubby... id love to kiss those cheeks.. yur strong id be soooo scared... congrats on yur beautiful blessing... yu give me hope tht yu dnt have to be that dialated to go into labor
  • Awe, hope shes okay & congrats. She has a chubby face like my lil girl :)
  • yeah they tested her for apnea wont get the results untill monday shes on two medications i hope she wont have to get another one @misscali3 i know i just love her cheeks and everyone else does too and yeah i was stuck at a 1 for a week and when i went into the hospital i was only a 2 @mommimisha chubby face indeed @MrsThompson34
  • Chubby monster :) !
  • I wish my son had those cheeks! Ahhh! Give them extra kisses from all us preglys!
  • I like thee sound of that lol... im 1cm been this way for abt 3 weeks I gave up and said she's gonna come when she's ready