im beside myself

edited November 2011 in Parenting
Idk what is wrong with brody he keeps screaming and crying has been like this since 3 am. I get him settled and he sleeps a little then wakes up screaming again. I keep feeding him like he wants and he stops and starts crying won't take the boob he is on so I switch I've been doing this since 9 am. He seems gassy I've tried bicycling, rubbing, tummy time, everything. What else can I do? No one is hone my bf just ran over his dog and took him to the vet so I can't send him to get anything and its snowing here and my car sucks I'm not driving with him in the snow. What can I do? I've been sitting here crying with him. Is there an at home thing I can do or give him?

Comments

• I feel like a bad mom not knowing what is wrong and I can't put him down he cries more.
  • Give him 2oz of warm water. My daughter did the same thing and it was gas
  • How old is he? Does he have fever? Peeing and pooping okay? Anything unusual other than the crying?
  • Try running a hairdrier next to him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Put on the dryer, and sit him on it.
    Try distracting with toys.
    Try an oz of warm water with 1/8 tsp brown sugar (helps pooping & gas)
    Carry him while walking through the house and talk or sing to him (movement & vibrations from talking can soothe)
    Try putting him on belly across your knees.
  • My heart is breaking for you right now. My son was like that a few nights ago but my mom heard him and came to help me out :( I was on the verge of crying too, I couldn't imagine doing it alone. I tried everyyyything. He didn't have a fever but I finally gave him some tylenol and like 15mins later he passed out. Look up the ''5 S's'' - my son falls asleep instanty when I do them, maybe they'll help atleast calm him down a little bit. A warm bath might help too... I'm sorry you hafta go through that alone. Hopefully all is well with your bf's dog and he gets home soon!
  • He is 4 weeks and never done this before. I have burped him I finally got him settled but every time he farts he wakes up crying. I have him next to me in just a diaper but I can't move or he wakes up upset again. I'm not letting him cry it out he won't let me put him down. He dozes off for a second and then wakes up. Idk what to do. He hasn't pooped since Monday he is breast-fed. I did give him formula yesterday and the day before so maybe that's it? He has never acted this way with formula before though. Ill check his temp when he falls deeper to sleep. My poor baby. :( is there a home remedy I can give him for gas till I can go to store? I tried water earlier.
  • He is finally asleep I was able too move his temp is normal. I hope everything is ok with him. Thank you everyone for your advice I will be referring back to this if it ever happens again.
  • Use some tummy drops/colic water. sometimes thats what they need but keep trying to burp him sounds like gas
  • Cycling his legs while in a warm bath can help. I always used the brown sugar in warm water and it was a life saver