Help. idk what to do.

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Depression
I had my lo nov. 2nd and for the first two weeks I cried every once and awhile I thought it was just the blues and it would go away. But the last couple days I've felt not normal I've been having panic and anxity attacks. And the thoughts about hurting myself or my baby scare me. I'm so ashamed about thinking that way I don't want to tell anyone cause I'm hoping it will just go away. I just feel like such a bad mother. The past couple days if I can't get my daughter to stop crying I'll just sit there let her cry and my mom will come and get her. I just wanna feel normal and happy again :/
Please any advise?

Comments

• Call your doctor and tell them what's going on. Don't feel like a bad mother, it's not your fault and at least you are asking for help rather than hurting yourself or your baby
  • Get to the Dr and get some help! This might not go away on your own talk to someone it's nothing to be ashamed of PPD is very scary and serious. I don't mean to sound so frank and please know I mean everything with the kindest heart. When the thoughts go on to hurting u and baby it's time to talk like now!! I have suffered with depression all my life I understand all the symptoms and they will put you on meds for awhile and believe me it's so much better then going thru what your dealing with. :D good luck hun and know there is a light at end of tunnel all u have to do is speak up.
  • First of you are NOT a bad mom! We all struggle from time to time and I dont think there is one mum who can honestly say that its so easy raising a baby because its not and there have been alot of times that iv cried and cried but sometimes the sad feelings dont go away and you need some help and speaking from a personal experience its half the battle when you do. I felt so much better just when I finally said ' Im not coping' and they were fantastic so go doctors because they will help you and trust me you will get past this and enjoy one of the most toughest but best and rewarding jobs there ever was- being a mom :)
  • Girl call your Dr. You're not the only one to go through this. It shows you care by seeking advice and wanting help. You're not a bad mom at all. Motherhood is so hard. And add no sleep makes it way harder. Good luck mamma
  • Thanks everyone. It just feels like if I talk about these things people with think I'm ccrazy. I'm gonna call my doctor today. I know i need help with this it feels like ill never feel like myself again. Hate that feeling
  • There is an organic pill its called st Johns wort. Helps with depression. If you're not breast-feeding you can try it. It might help.
  • @Samantha thanks ill have to try that
  • Np I hope it helps. Still talk to your Dr though please.