Has anyone started to wash as yet?

edited November 2011 in December 2011
Or am I late? I just started today! I have so many 0-3 and 3-6 that I have to give some away. I'm very appreciative of everyone who gave at my babyshower. But why do some people not think before they pick up a certain size?? I have long sleeved shirts/onsies that are 6-9 mths. It will be summer during that time...lol So I have absolutely no use for those. I also got 0-3/3-6 in short sleeves but I can always put more clothes on her. Also is anyone else using Dreft? I didn't buy it this time around. I just bought the last items that I need for her. DF volunteered to buy the playpen so I gave him the link online. It was $150, he was like, "umm I see some cheaper ones, you don't want those"? I was like "this is for your daughter, I'm about to be 9 months next week, I need that one!" LoL well he ended up getting it. I don't normally play the guilt trip on him but I'm sticking to a certain theme and I don't have time to be browsing the web anymore. Has everyone else gotten everything they need yet?

Comments

• I dont and my baby girl is 3 weeks and is still in new born clothes.. If you want I can use a few more 0-3 month clothes I dont have money to pay you for them but I will figure out a way to get you money some time for them
  • edited November 2011
    @Angelmonkeymelody I dont even want the money hun. I just feel blessed enough to have gotten so, much from family and coworkers. I was going to actually donate them :) So Im glad to know that someone needs them. We can exchange info. I will let you know what I have. Just let me know when youre ready.
  • You can send them to me anytime my address is 425 south 400 east nephi utah 84648 and thanks you so much
  • hey ur not late...i am because i haven't started washing! lol i was just gonna buy some dreft today. i don't even have her dresser which i am supposed to buy today too. i got most of everything but still got a few things to buy. what kinda soap are u gonna use if u didn't buy dreft? ur lucky u got all that clothes, i didn't have a baby shower so i pretty much bought everything, i don't even know if i have enough but i can always buy more if i need more. but thats sweet of u to give it away to people who need it!

i have a question...how much receiving or swaddling blankets do u have? so far i bought 10 do u think i need more?
  • @myHEARTZx3 thats all I have and I have not used all mine yet some of them are still have tags on them
  • @angelmonkeymelody I'm located in taylorsville ut. My daughter is almost 4 months I have tons of clothes if your interested
  • @angelmonkeymelody lol I guess I have enough then. Does ur baby just not like to be swaddled? I used them for a while with my older two.
  • @Angelmonkeymelody No prob ;( I will, let you know when I am shipping them. O yeah, I'm going to need your real name. I don't think I can put Angelmonkeymelody on the package...jk...you can send it to me in a pm if you feel more comfortable doing it that way.

@myHEARTZx3 Most of the clothes I bought when Carters and BabiesRUs had their sales back in the summer. I didn't want to depend on people buying everything. Just like you, I like to know what I'm getting. I'm just washing the winter stuff now and the summer clothes I will wash some other time. I didn't get a lot of receiving blankets. I actually returned some for other things I will need. So in total I have about 8. I cat remember how often I used them with my daughter. I didn't buy any bibs though. I only have them for days out. I'm going to be using cloth diapers. My daugher went through bibs like tissue so I had to use the cloth diapers. They worked like a charm! I have 4 swaddling blankets and 4 of the winter blankets. As far as the soap goes I will be using what I use, call me crazy. It was just a waste of money for me with my daugher. I hope she doesn't have her fathers allergies though. I don't mind giving the clothes that I don't need away. Besides, this is the season for giving right? :) I would have given them away anyway. :)
  • Wow 2 other Utah moms? Im also a Utah mom. Lol. Your all doing better than me. I haven't washed anything yet, but just had to put washer and dryer in storage. Im now staying in a motel for now. So i hope i can wash them soon. I also don't have hardly anything for her. But i don't have room for anything anyway. :(
    So unprepared for this little girl due to very hard times that struck after we got pregnant. :(
  • lol i can't remember how much of everything i used either...but with my first two i had babyshowers so i didn't have to buy clothes, blankets, bibs...i just used what i got. now that i have to buy everything i don't know how much to buy. i have only bought a few bibs too but i am thinking i won't need them immediately so i can always buy them when i need them. i started buying clothes little by little...whenever i saw something cute i bought it. and mostly everything is from macys sales, carters and ross. most of her stuff is carters brand lol...i always pop in ross and find them for cheap!

i think i will start with dreft...if the cost is too much i will probably try out the all baby..its like 3$ at walmart

i keep stressing myself out thinking about how much i need of everything
  • No :( I was a week past my due date & only washed half of his stuff lol I just had him 2 days ago! He can't wear any 0-3 month clothes except.only newborn! Or premie & he was 6 lbs
  • i would wash all there clothes now so that you dont have to do it later it saves up alot of time..i bought dreft for my baby cause you never know what they are allergic to..buy alot of bibs tho they go thru them alot and you really cant use the same one for to long kuz they get hard with the milk
  • edited November 2011
    @myHEARTZx3 OMG I feel like a ftm all over again...lol I really dont intend on leaving the house on my ML except for our check ups. So I wanted to make sure everything was done now when Im on vaca. As for the Dreft its $32 in BRU. I havent checked anywhere else yet though.

@Lovinmyunborn Now woman with all those posts about still being pregnant and miserable and being past due and you still didnt get all of that done? LoL Its ok though hopefully you have enough help in the days. Dont overwhelm yourself either. Just focus on little man. The work will eventually get done.

@M_STAR925 I finished all of my washing last night. While I was folding I was thinking to myself how Im not going to have time to fold so perfectly when shes here...lol DF scared me into it. He was like "Are you going to wait until youre pushing to start washing"? lol Then I thought what if I get a c section, so I just sucked it up and did it. I agree about the bibs. They go through them so quick. Im just going to buy more burp clothes instead though. If shes anything like her big sis then using bibs would be pointless. That little girl would puke one time and that was the end of that bib....lol
  • Omg I know lol but he has soo much stuff.So I just washed half his stuff that I'd thought he could wear but I was wrong! Ima have his dad wash the rest of it though
  • It is melody penrod
  • I have a few clothes n a crib. No blankets or the other things I need n I could have her anytime if not Wed am getting induced I got a lot to do n buy
  • @myHeartzx3 she dont she hates not being able to move her legs or arms
  • I still have people giving me clothes! I'm going to be induced next Monday And I'm still washing baby clothes! He has two drawers full of newborn and 0-3 months. I have another container for the larger sizes lol it's crazy but the way I see it at least I won't have To wash clothes every three days lol and I have a ton of bibs. Most stuff is hand me down stuff but I'm so glad I have it :) I use dreft.