Baby constipated one day, diarrhea the next, constipated again, and then diarrhea again the next day

edited November 2011 in Babies Health
She is feeding on formula and has been having trouble with her bowel movements. Can this be normal?

Comments

• Yes formula is harder to digest it can back them up then they let it all loose lol. Did you bf before? She could still be adjusting to the chang. I bf and sometimes my lo gets formula every time he gets formula he gets backed up then explodes. Its sad when he is constipated. :(
  • Mine does the same thing and my doc says if it is still wet and not hard then it is normal
  • @Samantha yes I bf her the first two days only but she's already 10 days old. Do you think maybe she needs to have her formula changed to a sensitive one maybe?

@Angelmonkeymelody thanks for the advice, I really don't like her feeling like that though.
  • I would try sensitive. Are you using newborn formula? She could still be adjusting. As long as she is pooping though I wouldn't be super worried.
  • @Angelmonkeymelody, @Samantha
    Thanks for the advice, tomorrow she has a doctor appointment, so we'll see what he recommends. Thanks again ladies. :)