will a and e in uk do test if i think i may be having a miscarriage

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
hi. i put a post earlier about bleeding, i was just wondering if i go to the a and e department will they do any tests or am i going to have to wait til monday to see my doctor ? ? ? id b grtful on any advise :-( p.s this is my first and i havent had any flowing blood, just wen i wipe after bowel movement. just a few pains nothing really bad. i maybe just panicing as this is my first . but i just dont really feel any pregnancy sysmptoms, sorry if im being stupid :'(

Comments

• How far are you? Is the blood from your bum or vag? I'm assuming that the a&e is the same as er here in the states (emergency room) they will do blood tests and probably do an ultrasound. Are you cramping?
  • And you're nit stupid, these are valid questions hun
  • You aren't being stupid at all. I went to A n E when i bleed. The do checks inside and stuff and will also do a blood test for hgc levels and a urine one too. I have had bleeding first one i had a miscarriage. This pregnancy i was bleeding because my body was clearing out old blood. If you are worried go to a n E. How far gone are you? Do you have a back ache or feeling sick?
  • 6 weeks i think i posted this twice cos phone plying up
  • @ katlilly Blood was from vag
  • SSorry just to add. Is it like streaks of blood when you wipe? They say if light bleeding. No need to be concerned. Just had a look on Google and said you should still get checked out. Least if you Do, you no what's going on. If you are over 14weeks they can.listen for babies heartbeat too. Good luck hun. I know how you are feeling x
  • Awww!! I wish you weren't so scared! There could be tons of reasons why you are bleeding! Please let me know if you need to talk! I mc last week :(
  • It was like a slighty slimy browny red as i wiped, sorry if too much info @emmalouise
  • So sorry to hear that @katlilly :'(
  • Go to the a&e ok? Just so they can tell you everything is ok! Xoxo
  • Yea im gonna go thanks ladies xxx @katlilly thanks x
  • Like a discharge? Don't worry.. Never to much info! I had that with my pregnancy. Doctor told me can happen at 6weeks and 8weeks. Is quite common apparently. Go to a&e just so you know what's going on. Instead of waiting all weekend
  • My pregnancy which Im now 22weeks and 3days just to add
  • Best wishes for s healthy baby!!! Xoxo
  • Was that to me @katlily ?
  • Aww im so sorry hun :-( im here if u need to talk
  • edited February 2011
    I'm Sorry to hear of your loss hun..many women have miscarried and are able to carry healthy babies at a later time..please keep your head up and try to remain positive..my first sign of my last miscarriage was terrible back pain that wouldnt go away. And dark blood that later turned bright red.you will be in my prayers..the women are very helpful on this site, so if you need to vent, we are more than welcome to listen.. Xoxox and lots of hugs coming your way sweetheart
  • Thanks @babiphtt86 & @lobbylou

Yea this site is very supportive. I am deffinitly staying positive. After my scan nurse was happy tht my body has cleared most of it. So fingers cross for next time when im ttc :-)