Help he's 3 months!

edited November 2011 in First time moms
So like most newborns my baby loves to b held. He's been gettin better an I can put him n his swing or jus let him sit n his boppy pillow. I've even been lettin him cry it out an go to sleep on his own which for the most part has been workin....til today. He won't let me put him down at all. Everytime I try he cries an everyone keeps tellin me if I want him to ever get used to bein put down I jus gotta let him cry. But he cries an cries but today it was different. It was like he was truly sad almost like it hurt him for me to put him down. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm goin insane. When we he finally jus sit n a swing an jus fall asleep on his own?

Comments

• Aww :-( My baby boy is getting too used to being held also, he is 1 and a half months and does not like being in his bouncer or rocker anymore, he always wants to be in my arms!
  • @ExcitedForOctober I'm goin insane from exhaustion. Idk wat to do.
  • Could he b teethin anyone? How do I kno?
  • Im with you, cant get ANYTHING done. I barely shower. -.-
  • I no how u feel..but trust me he will adjust it was hard for me to put my baby down and let her cry..the dr told me dont feel bad cryin is gud for the lungs he joked and sad thats why my daughter could sing now
  • Crying it out isn't about letting baby scream, don't let anyone tell you that is the right thing to do. When you first start, cuddle him and make sure he's ready to sleep, then place him in his crib before he dozes off. Walk out of the room and stand out of sight. If he starts to fuss, wait 15-30 seconds and go back in. Calm him down without picking him up. Continue this pattern until he falls asleep. As he gets more secure, you'll be able to space it out to a minute, then a minute & 1/2, and so on. Eventually he will fall asleep without a fight and you can feel better knowing your baby feels secure and assured that if he truly needs you, you will be there. Good luck!
  • @JsMyOnlyLove I know what you mean, my baby went from being able to stay in his bouncer for long times to one day out of nowhere just wanting to be in my arms!
  • Ive read several articles and heard on the drs show that a baby wont cry unless they need something.... also babys this age can be overwhelmed with the world and their growing body
  • Kaylee will be 4 months next week and she used to do the same thing. She would not sit in her swing or her rocker and I felt like I bought that stuff for nothing. It got to the point where I couldn't even cook or take a shower unless she was sleeping. She stopped doing all of these things about 3 and a half months. She's now able to grab things and she'll sit in her swing or her rocker and keep herself entertained. I hope the same thing will happen for you all also.