anybody still on maternity leave??

edited December 2011 in First time moms
im still on maternity leave and my babygirl will be 3 months tomorrow..i dont feel like going back yet i have till mid january then im going back..we still have been able to make it money wise but its cutting close..i feel bad sometimes having baby daddy do all the work but im taking care of the baby 24/7..has anybody gone back to work yet??

Comments

• Baby is 2months & I'm still at home, I really don't wanna leave her but money is getting *Tight*. I have till middle of the month to go back but I talk to my manager today so Im most likely gonna go back next week but only Part-time!
  • Yea lots of ppl said they would watch her but i work at 2am so daddy could watch her
  • I am, my baby is 6 weeks. I go back to work Jan 2nd :-(
  • edited December 2011
    I'm currently on maternity leave too, I've been off since Aug. I had my baby in Oct and I'll be going back Feb 6th. I'm hoping I can use some vacation time maybe 2 weeks so I could go back the end of Feb instead. My mom will be watching him while hubby & I work but its still going to be very hard for me, I'm with him 24/7:(
  • I been off since I went into labor sept 16th go back the 9th of this month I really dont want to! Ugh!
  • Ive been off since the end of August its gonna be hard for all of us!
  • I've also been off since the end of aug and go back in feb. I am getting full pay till the 2nd week of feb. I wish i could have at least stayed till she turned 6 months in March. I still need to find daycare.
  • yea im on mother bonding so im still getting paid
  • I'm still here..but my little girl is only 25 days old...but I go back the day after xmas...it was suppose to be before but I talked the doc into making it a few days longer so I wouldn't have to work on her first xmas:-) but no I don't wanna go back either but we can't afford me taking more than the six weeks.
  • Omg girls i feel for u! How long do u get paid maternity leave in america? Im from uk and we get full 9mths! + 3mths on top of that but unpaid if we want to stay home for a year. I cant imagine going bk to work now, my lil one is 6wks!
  • Ive been off since june 19th n I had my baby sept 27th & I dont kno when im suppose to go back but I dont plan on going back
  • I've been on mat leave since may 13th
    I can't imagine only getting to be home six weeks. :(
  • @marci well from my job you get 4 weeks before babys due then 6 weeks maternity then you can do 6 more weeks of family leave...i dont wanna be out so long that i get lazy at work ..i was off for a 1 1/2 2 years ago kuz i got hurt and it was a pain to go back
  • @marci I need to move to the uk lol, my job gives 2-3months & it's all unpaid
  • It is recommended we get at least 6 weeks off from delivery, longer if you've had a csection..it depends on the employer on how much you get paid. I had to use my vacation and sick time before they would even do my paperwork for maternity leave...it was only 3 weeks and it wasn't my full pay of the 40 hours I was working..it was only a percentage of it. My companies payroll sucks! Lol @marci
  • I'm still on maternity leave...I got on nov 5...had my baby on the 9th...was suppose to go back dec 9...but I'm probably going back jan 2nd...that's if I find a daycare...it's gona be hard bc I wana be with her 24-7 but I sooooo miss the money...I wrk retail and u dnt get paid maternity leave unless u work. 35+ hrs...I work 30 smh