how do you feel about ........

edited December 2011 in Sleep
A boy & a girl sleeping in the same room ?, my son is 28 months & my daughter is 4 weeks . I wouldn't put them in the same room until she is about a year . But what is your opinion ? I have a 2 bedroom & I really want my bedroom back .

Comments

• I think its ok for the first couple of years but once they get a little older they need to be seperated.
  • I think its fine when they r young
  • What is a good age to separate them ?
  • I think they should be separated when they start to feel shame of been naked.. like at the age of 5 or 6
  • My step daughter is 4 and when they are with us she shares a room with her 3 yo brother. We are going to just see how they go as they get older and seperate them when we feel its necessary
  • Up to about 5 is ok
  • my brother and I shared a room till I was, 7 and it didnt bother me we are 3 years apart
  • my niece and nephew are 4 and 7 and they just separated them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea bout 6 r 7 ...my baby girl (2months) & 4yr old nephew will share rooms hopefully I can afford a 3bd before he's 7
  • 6-8 because for some reason they know about sexual things its so sad
  • Idk if this is true but here in kansas I've herd it is againist the law to room a boy and girl in the same room like shared.. idk for sure. I myself think while there young its okay but I would probley have seprate rooms by age 5 or 6
  • @alwayzbeenurz2008 im in Ohio and if children services finds out a brother and sister are sleeping in same room they are able to open a case on you and ypu would have to then prove to them you separated the kids and or moved to bigger place. Just saying cause I know of a woman who actually had to move cause once they found out she had her one son and daughter in same room they opened a case and did home inspection and found out she had her other three boys in same room and even though the two older ones were 6 and 5 and the youngest was 6the months they wont let you sleep more than two to a room either. So she had to come up with an extra $200 a month cause she had to rent a bigger house.
  • O and children services told her that if she couldn't provide adiquite housing that they could put kids in foster care til she could. So be careful if you do that who you tell cause idk where all there are actual laws or rules through cps about that.
  • @tbaby2011 that's horrible for ur friend! Its crazy some of the rules and regulations states have
  • I'd say kindergarten. :) Give your boy some independence and a feeling of being a big boy.
  • I'd say about age 5 is a good time to separate them. My nephew is almost 5 and us learned the difference in boy parts and girl parts. He is also shy to be naked in front of people.