serious question

edited December 2011 in Parenting
I hav 3 children. My oldest is 3yrs old, my 2nd is 2yrs old, my newborn is 2months old.
Whn i had my 1st i was 19, an had evry intention on breastfeeding him. I didnt knw much about breastfeeding an i didnt knw any1 who had breastfed b4 so aftr 3 weeks i stopd nursing him. With my 2nd child i tried an stopd aftr only a cpl days. Now with my 3rd child i educated myself on breastfeeding an hav stuck with breastfeeding since day 1. (I am very proud to say hes nevr had formula an at 11weeks he weighs 12lbs 7oz)
With breastfeeding as many of u mommys knw, the bond between mother an child is incredible.. but im concerned, that since i didnt get the breastfeeding bond with my other 2 that the bond btwn me an my 3rd child will b different to a degree. Ive always been so worried of treating my kids equally an i dnt ever want one of them to feel left out. Is this a stupid concern? Am i over thinking this? wats ur opinions?

Comments

• I think u will be fine Hun u love ur kids all the same ur just feeling a little stronger connection right now because u r enjoying all those little moments its probably all overwhelming to have 2 toddlers and a newborn
  • I understand. I nursed my first till she weened herself at 3 months. My 2nd I pumped. She hated nursing but my milk went away at two months. I was worried about bonding but I'm not anymore. The Dr has said to me that you don't have to nurse to bond. Just skin on skin works or simply cuddling. Honestly you can't bond anymore than when you are pregnant. Every child will have a strong bond but in a different way. My oldest is 11 almost 12 years I had her at 16 and our bond is so amazing. I grew up with her. Now this baby is 7 months and our bond is amazing also but it's deep in a different way. You aren't dumb for being concerned. It's called being a mom. I take my oldest on mommy daughter dates to keep the bond strong. Lol I also make her take naps with me cause she used to sleep with me till two years ago
  • @momof22be u might b right lol. I feel so "connected" to my newborn. An im constantly holding him an cuddling him cuz i dnt wana miss out on anything cuz i feel like in a blink of a eye my older two kids wer big. Im tryna soak all this newborn lovin in while i can..an i dnt get to cuddle my othr 2 cuz theyr always off playin lol
    @proudmomma i love that u an ur 11 yr old is so close! I wana b close like that with all 3 of my bbys. Im absolutly in love with all 3 of them.
  • You will be:) I feel like I pay a lot of attention to my baby but it's cause she needs me more. I think we all go through what you are feeling. It's natural. I was terrified when I was prego that I couldn't love Amirah as much as jasmine but I do. You will get past it
  • I couldn't bf my son but pumped for a few weeks but this time at almost 6 weeks my daughter has only ever had my milk and I love bf her. I think bonding comes in many forms, some people bond fast, others a little slower. Story time and cuddles in the morning are my bonding moments with my 2yo... But its a normal thing to worry about, is hard to imagine loving another child the same as the others, but I think if your conscious of being even and fair you will do fine