question about Medicaid & child support...

edited December 2011 in Daddy's place
I currently have Medicaid & so does my 8 wk old daughter. Babydaddy & I are not together but he gives us everything we need. Will they go after him for child support just for Medicaid? I don't have anything else (food stamps, cash assistance), only Medicaid. I live in Michigan...

Comments

• Idk about michigan but in hawaii they wont go after him for child support with just medicaid....not even foodstamps. Just if u get financial welfare
  • I'm not sure about Michigan but in Texas they get it for the 1st yr...u can go online or call your case worker to check.
  • Pretty sure its only if your getting food stamps. Bcuz its a form of income and then you have to claim it and they can give you less then.
  • Not sure about Michigan but in Georgia they don't...only if you get cash assistance then they'll make bd pay child support. But you can get foodstamps and medicaid without them making him pay child support
  • Like everyone said each state is different but in Ohio they don't have you pay child support for medical stuff. We live together tho.
  • In ohio too and I get food stamps but not child support. In the same situation as u. Bd pays all the bills. I got on food stamps to give him a break with that. He pays 4 the apartment, electric, gas, cell phone, and everything she needs. We are married but have been seperated since lo was 2 weeks old. If u qualify for medicaid u should get food stamps, I would get on it if I were you ;) it has been great! My food budget actually increased by 150$ a month. I was getting 200 for food from bd, now I get 376!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In Texas they do which I think is a great idea if the state is paying for anything then the man should be obligated to as well. My bd pays 50.00 per month to medicaid in addition to his child support order
  • @myheartzx3 im not married and my bf and I live seperatly cuz we are unable to live together I get wic and quest & they sent me a absent parent form can I just say he helps us but doesnt live with us? I dont want to have him pay child support
  • edited December 2011
    @moodymommie ur from hawaii too right
  • yeah sorry I forgot to mention that lol.im just going to tell them he helps out cuz if they make him pay child support it will be pointess cuz he gives me his money anyway lol who needs another bill