cereal

edited December 2011 in Babies "First's"
When and how much cereal should you give your little one in a bottle. How many oz of cereal do you add to formula. I was going to try it when he's 4 months. I don't want to spoon feed him until 6 months.

Comments

• I only start off wit 1/4 of teaspoon in my babys bottles an add a lil more after a day or 2
  • When do you start using the cereal nipples? Or do the regular ones work at first until you add more cereal?
  • I use regular nipples
  • Dr told me to spoon feed but make sure u gradually introduce....or could get constipated.. work his way up to max of 4 tblspn.they love it !
  • One pediatrician told me not put in their bottle or else they wont learn to chew *shrug* i just mixed a little bit and make it really 'soupy'. My baby did NOT like it at all. she went straight to vegatables. even now she hates the cereal
  • Ok thanks I will try the spoon.
  • The first few times will be more like practice ....they don't really eat much...but my son got the spoon down by the 3rd or 4th try! Have a large bib!
  • how old ru ladies trying it @?
  • I was going to try at 4 months.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah its all trial and error;)
  • Im not a fan of cereal in bottles. But if im holding my baby girl and eating MY cereal, she smacks her lips and sticks her hand in my bowl. She's only 2months old.
  • My son was introduced to it at 3 months to help with his reflux