child injury= higher anxiety???

edited December 2011 in Parenting
Do any of you ladies get more anxious after a child has gotten hurt? My 2yr old was playing yesterday and tripped. We ended up in the er cuz he cut his lip. Now he has 2 stitches on the upper corner of his lip. He just woke up from his nap and of course is active like usual. But now i am terrified of him getting hurt even more cuz he is already hurt. I feel so nervous for him. Does anyone else ever get this way? This is the 1st time he's been hurt this bad. How do you ladies deal with it?

Comments

• At first, I was..but my son is so active that I hardly even blink after injuries. His last major injury was when he was 2 and a half. He climbed on his built in desk and leapt onto his bed. Hit the head board with his chin and bit his tongue almost all the way thru. That was fun :-| . Nothing the er could do other than tell me to give him a salt solution to keep it clean. He healed within a couple of weeks but it delayed his speech. Now that he's decided to talk..I can't get him to shut up.
    I hate saying you'll get used to it because that sounds terrible but you don't get as anxious after awhile.
  • Well i have a 4yr old also. He got stitches at 1yr. Lol. I seriously feel like im going to explode if my 2yr old doesn't settle down. Lol. We are having a girl this time, i just hope she doesn't end giving me as much trouble. I don't know if i can handle it.
  • These boys are invinceable are so they think lol...my 4yr old jumped off the couch at 1yr & hit his head on a whatnot had to get 3 stitches right above his eye, fell out of the car(moving) & was rushed to the er, its soo many but that's the two Worse incidents I can recall. Its jus being a mother to worry & be on edge but my mom is the one who's jummpy I'm jus like he's a boy & I kno its worse to come especially if he plays sports "Oh My"!!
  • Oh my. Sports. Lol. That's a scary thought. Lol. I hope i get over the anxiety by then. Maybe i should wrap them in bubble paper. Lol.
  • Lol they will only pop the bubble paper!
  • Lol. So true. :)