j

edited June 2012 in Parenting
g

Comments

• You shouldn't wait.. take him to the doctor.. if you Google those signs you will come up with a bunch of different reasons
  • It could be allergies but you should call his doctor just to be safe
  • @janet_2011 that's what my mom said...problem is I don't drive :( if we make an appt it would be after my bf gets home at 3pm...we just switched his medical from.kaiser and I miss kaiser becuase they have an after hours advice line where u can call with questions since its only 7am here...i gotta wait till the office opens
  • Have you thought of pink eye? My boys have had pink eye and their eyes are itchy and poofy. Does his eye have anything coming out like eye crust?
  • @angel26 idk my kids and I have never gotten that...is that what happens? I don't see any crusty stuff yet... He looks like hes been crying for hours when he hasnt
  • Aww ugh that's like me.. I seriously need to get my license. Well I guess you have to wait. Or can your bf get out of work early?
  • @janet_2011 lol yeah I been saying that for years! No he can't get off work...i guess were stuck waiting.
  • Maybe congestion...my 1 month old woke up with really puffy eyes on Thanksgiving and he had a cold, the doc said it was the congestion causing it
  • Well all you can do is stay calm.. and don't let him rub it. I have been saying the same thing for 4 years now lol.
  • @myheartzx3 ya. I had never had it before either. Lol. But when my youngest was bout 3 months we had it. And now 2 yrs later we have to deal with it again. They start out itchy and then get poofy. Watch for any kind of "discharge" from the eyes. Sometimes they will get red, but not always. If you wake him tomorrow and anything is coming out or they are stuck shut then he needs the eye drops to help get better.
  • @ExcitedForOctober now that i have talked to him it seems more like an allergic reaction...he said he had a hard time breathing last night i gave him benadryl and now waiting to see what happens
    @angel26
  • Sounds like an allergic reaction. Does he have a rash anywhere on his body?
  • Oh no, lobster is sooo yummy! I hope he feels better though, good detective work!
  • You can be allergic to just lobster and not other shellfish. And he doesn't have to have a rash on his body for it to be an allergy either. If the benadryl makes a big difference then that's probably what it was. My son is allergic to almost everything so I feel like were almost pros when it comes to food allergies.
  • @myressa2011 no... no rash but it was an allergic reaction to the lobster.

@vtmamajuju yup i was right...he had the symptoms of a severe reaction to lobster. he had diarrhea, trouble breathing and he was puffy. i brought him to the doc and the gave us a prescription for an epi pen that we gota pick up tonight. he was worried because the reaction was severe and wants us to carry the epi pen with us at all times. i been giving him benadryl and he seems to be fine just his face is still not back to normal.
  • Me an my hubby have asthma an Dr sed my son prolly does to , if it was asthma he wuld b having breathing problems an wheezing
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo yeah..my bf and my son have asthma. He has an inhaler and a nebulizer. I told my bf is his fault he has these allergies n asthma because I don't have anything lol
  • Lol that's Wat I tell my hubby about this horrible exzema my daughter inherited from him !! Ughhh makes me so mad !
  • Awe I hope hes feeling better :) I had asthma during middle/high school but it went away. I had an inhaler :-/

Since ive seen a family pic of u guys from ur maternity photos I kno wat he looks like & I feel bad for him :(
  • @mrsthompson34 yeah he's better...my bf grew out of his asthma too. Luckily he only has intermittent asthma and it only acts up when hes sick and has a cold. I should show u a pic of him this morning since u remember how he looks
  • edited June 2012
    h
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tricebaby lol sweet? I was freaked out when I saw him. Most of it went down but he still doesnt look like his normal self. But yes hes breathing normal and feels much better. I just feel bad I didn't wake up for him when daddy did.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2011
    Lol ohh that's what u meant..gotcha ;)
  • Awe poor baby :( hes not happy at all that makes me sad. I hope it goes away soon.