shes getting her shots today :( advice?

edited December 2011 in First time moms
So nervous and scared for her. I know I'm going to cry. Any advice???

Comments

• Ours are tomorrow! So nervous and feeling guilty already! I am at least bringing a bottle and infant pain reliever! Good luck...
  • Mine lo's are today too :'( I'm making my mom go with me because I'm already sorta crying. right before we leave for the doc I'm gonna take her temp and if it's normal I'm giving her some tylenol, if you don't have some already you're going to want to stop and get some, alot of babies get fevers the day after. O and don't have too much planned for afterwards, she's going to be sore and doesn't need to stay in her carseat.
  • edited December 2011
    Have a bottle or boob ready for comfort, nurse was awesome w mine let us stay in there till she calmed down. Be prepared for lots of sleeping and fever, check w doctor that baby is in weight range got baby tylenol for fever and have it ready just in case. Be patient, mine was fussy and just wanted comfort and love and cry for a bit. Good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My baby's are today too. :(
  • give tylenol before and after the shots and give them extra love and attention
  • And try not to touch yheir legs where they give the shots! It hurts them and their very tender!
  • O my gosh, worse thing ever! I don't let my princess cry ever and that killed me, we're now sitting in the car trying to calm down, will it ever get easier?
  • @kimberly4411 I dont think it gets easier ever! My 4yr old hates shots and fights getting them. At least its a little easier with the baby cause they dont know whats coming! And usually stop crying very quick! So no, it never gets easier!
  • Make sure to give them medicine right before so they wont be in a lot of pain.
  • edited December 2011
    Like @jellybelly1015 said make sure you have a bottle or boob ready. Give her tylenol after shots, try not to touch her legs, and be extra patient with her my son would fall asleep and wake up within minutes crying hysterically.
  • Worst pain for me, EVER. My baby hated those shots. Now she's sleeping and doesn't have a care in the world.

How often will a baby get a fever after their shots? And if they do, how long does it take for the fever to happen?
  • @misstiff my baby got a fever in the evening after she got shots at 10am. probably around 7 or 8pm
  • And she was extremely fussy and would wake up screaming :(
  • My baby didn't really get a high fever the highest his temperature got is 99.4 so I undressed him and I turned our heater down. Just keep checking her temp and give her tylenol every 4-6 hours whatever her pediatrcian suggested.
  • As soon as shots are given give bottle of formula or breastmilk. When baby is calmed down give the tylenol every 4 hours and even into the next day all day