Vaccinations...

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
Yes or No? And why?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    My personal opinion is Yes! Why? If a child is not vaccinated and is exposed to a disease germ, the child’s body may not be strong enough to fight the disease. Before vaccines, many children died from diseases that vaccines now prevent, such as whooping cough, measles, and polio. Those same germs exist today, but babies are now protected by vaccines, so we do not see these diseases as often.

Immunizing individual children also helps to protect the health of our community, especially those people who are not immunized. People who are not immunized include those who are too young to be vaccinated (e.g., children less than a year old cannot receive the measles vaccine but can be infected by the measles virus), those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons (e.g., children with leukemia), and those who cannot make an adequate response to vaccination. Also protected, therefore, are people who received a vaccine, but who have not developed immunity. In addition, people who are sick will be less likely to be exposed to disease germs that can be passed around by unvaccinated children. Immunization also slows down or stops disease outbreaks.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/howvpd.htm
  • Yes! So my baby is protected against germs and diseases that I can't protect them from!
  • @2ndbutfirst Just out of curiosity with no opinion on my part, is it ok to give the first round without any follow up rounds? Could it be like antibiotics where its not good to only take part of it?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My baby was never fussy until the day she got her first shots. Now she cries for no reason. She cries alot now. Its been a couple weeks too
  • My son was never fussy until he got his shots on Friday. He is still fussy, even more so today. I was hesitent on getting them, and now watching his behavior... not sure if I want to continue getting them...
  • @2ndbutfirst she flipped like a switch
  • umm wow I didn't know just immigrants had diseases...that's kinda mean to say @2beforgotten
  • @2beforgotten not just people who migrate here have diseases there's people that have been livin here that have diseases you can't just say immigrants...
  • @everyone thanx for yuur input :) have a lady tryna pressure me into not getting my baby girl vaccinated but i'd rather her have them done, i had them done and i'm fine so i dont see the problem.
  • Read Dr. Sears The Vaccination Book the make up your own mind. I wouldn't listen to people on here you'll get conflicting and false info. That book gives you both sides of the argument and completely describes each vaccine and it's effects. For my family we have decided to do an alternate schedule and to cut out some completely.
  • @steph_due_101611 and @2ndbutfirst I tagged you both because you mentioned your little ones crying all the time after their vaccines....so I thought I would share some things I have been researching...I dont know how you both feel about vaccines, so I am not trying to start any arguments or fights..just wanted to share with everyone, no harm no foul if you want to disregard..

http://www.vaccinetruth.org/6_out_of_10,000.htm (the first story about a little boy named ryan is very sad)

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/pages/the-danger-of-excessive-vaccination-during-brain-development.aspx

Let just use the case of the 1 year-old child who is taken by his mother for his vaccines and the pediatrician convinces the mother to allow him/her to give all five vaccines recommended for that age group at that one office visit. After all, both the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics assures mothers and fathers that it is completely safe to give them all at once. This not only means that the child’s immune system will be assaulted by 7 different antigens (viruses, three of which are alive) but by five full doses of immune adjuvant – a powerful mix of immune stimulating chemicals.

This intense immune stimulation not only results in a red, swollen and painful site where the shots were given, but a hyperintense activation of the brain’s immune system.

Mothers and fathers are familiar with the high-pitched crying their babies have after such a series of vaccines. Often, this high pitched crying, lethargy and poor feeding last weeks to months. This is not due to the pain of the injection, as the pediatrician will assure you, rather it is secondary to brain inflammation – what we call an encephalitic cry.

• Unfortunately if the vaccines damaged the lining of the babies brain it could cause enormous amount of pain. Its very scary!
  • @october15baby actually every state has some type of exemption for vaccines for children that are school aged, and It isnt against the law to not get them either.
  • Vaccines arent just made up of proteins..they have lots of filler and the filler is what scares me.
  • Chicken pox is one of those vaccines that I def think is a little unnecessary. I mean come on its chicken pox lol but thats JMO. And as for the parents being to lazy to vaccinate...I dont think that is the case for all of us no vax families.. I think some of us just dont think the risks are worth it..but again thats JMO after all the research I have done that is def the case for me. And as long as the family has the proper paperwork filled out then the school cant make them get vaccinated.
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im all for it...my 2yo is up to date as is my 7week old. There is a big case of whooping cough going around my state, no way I want to risk my babies getting that
  • Being part of a military family and moving all over the country with the possibility of moving overseas as well, I am for vaccinations. My son has never had a bad reaction to any of his and I am thankful that he will be protected if and when we are out of the country.

That being said, my sister never caught chicken pox from me when I had them, even though we shared a queen sized bed! She received the vaccine some years later and within a year, she got chicken pox. She has since had a case of shingles as well, although I never have. This vaccine I am a little iffy on.
  • @tricesbaby sorry not sure but I think his website would have a lot of the info. We didn't do the eye drops or hep b for my dd she was a cs so she had no risk of infection yet they still wanted to do the eye drops, its stupid. Also I dont think my baby will be having sex or working in the medical feild so hep b is pointless as well, we are still considering if well even do that when she's a teen or wait and let her decide if she needs it later. I think chicken pox one is stupid too and with it being so new I don't really trust it. When a drug or vax is new they basically use the general population as lab rats like that yaz birth control. So anyway ill do delayed and skip some all together.
  • Very controversial subject, similar to abortion. Both sides have valid points, but coming from a medical professional background, I agree with getting my children vaccinated. Taking a microbiology class and learning about all of these bugs and diseases out there that even some doctors don't know how to treat convinced me to get my child vaccinated for all of those I can protect her against. Having your child's immune system up and protected against the illnesses we can protect them against gives them a better chance to survive those we can't treat with vaccines. Just my opinion based on my schooling.
  • I choose vaccination I thought how awful would I feel if my baby died from one those diseases or just ended up with something I could have received a shot for and diseases spread so fast close to where I live we have a TB outbreak that started within the school so many ppl infected then the older kids come home unaware that they are sick now the smaller babies sick! I never had chicken pox maybe it's not bad but what about the other diseases the way I see it the economy bad more n more ppl can't get healthcare and want be seeing a doctor on top of the ppl who just dnt give a f plus the ppl who refuse so more n more diseases n stuff are circulating so why would i take my baby into this nasty filthy world without protection!
  • My baby girl is back to normal. She had got her first hep b in the hospital with no issues. She got her 2nd at 1mo. After her 2nd she cried alot for a couple weeks. Now we're all good again but almost time for 2mo. :-( i don't really wanna do it but i know with the family she's been born into she's gonna travel alot and even out of the country. I know the chances of her catching something scarey here is low but i would hate to travel somewhere and her catch something that could kill her or plague her for life.
This discussion has been closed.