***WHEN CAN I GIVE MY BABY A COOKIE OR A CRACKER???***

2»

Comments

• I would say try giving her 5oz bottles now. My daughter is 7months and eats 8oz bottles so she probably is overeating
  • Ooh honey is a big NO NO for babies!!! I can't remember exactly why, but there's something in it that babies can't digest.
  • ..oh no...

My 1st mistake...aaaw..don't call CPS!

...I just dabbed a drop on her tongue!...never again!
  • Thanks for posting, this thread is not only hilarious/entertaining. But also very informative!!! And good job dad, sounds like your doing great! Congrats on the two babies, they will be so close and the best of friends!
  • I would try giving her 5 oz bottles with heaping* tsp of rice cereal and burping her close to every oz. If that doesn't work I would not* give her the bottles and unless she is screaming hardcore I would bounce/dance/sing with her anything you can to calm her down because once she realizes your not making the next bottle she will probably realize she doesn't need it. Try letting her cry a little I know it sounds mean but its ok for babies to cry sometimes every comment from you reminds me so much of my husband, trying to do anything to please her. Just know its ok for her to cry also how often are you feeding all babies are different and you should always experiment what's right for your baby but just a guide line at 3 months she should probably be eating 5oz every 3 hours. since she is "tit whipped" you could try 2oz every hour. I know it seems like a pain but it may work for her then after a few days try 3 1/2 oz every hour and half then a few days later 5 oz every 3 hours for about a week you will be feeding non stop but I think it will be worth it. You also need to tell mom "tit whipped" days are over and have her pump while you adjust her feedings and maybe give her the breast before bed. By 3months your baby should be on somewhat of a schedule.
  • @PregnantELF

LOL...

That's what posting is all about!...its s'posed to be fun!

@second_time_mommy7

..I feed her on demand, pretty much...she "cues" me when she wants to eat..my concern is her eating excessive amounts..

BTW...I tried a 5oz. serving...& its working!...so far, no spit up..& she's "cooing"...and.."humming" herself to sleep!
  • Good! I hope it continues to work! I fed my Lo's on demand until they were 1 month old, I think its recommended the you stop feeding on demand at about 2 weeks. As long as they have a bottle they will eat and babies often confuse sleep for them being hunger. I would observe how often she wants to eat feedings and set her up on a schedule, she is probably over eating because she does not have a schedule. Sometimes she may eat more and sometimes she may eat less because sometimes she may eat ever 2hours and sometimes longer you never really know how often they are eating because you don't have to pay attention when the just cry when the are "hungry" I think your first steps to success are schedule and stability (in feedings)! Good luck, Merry Christmas and many blessings to you and your family!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @second_time_mommy7

Lmfao...I do kinda, have a feeding schedule..even tho I wait for my baby to "ask" for food..its normally around the same times daily...I think what happens is that her mom...injects her boobs in at random intervals!...she gets jealous when she sees Liberty eating formula as adamantly as a tit...and that ends up being extra feedings...because mom doesn't like her boob to be turned down! I guess its a mommy thing!

@Mama_Kat

...well...

JSYK

...I'm going to have a new baby boy, on or before Valentines day!...

...so, I'll be doing newborn...all over again!
  • :-?

@Mama_Kat

Hmmm...

I'm really happy...its a little stressful...but, I love kids and I'm glad I'm having them..

*keep in mind that I was a 37 year old bachelor, with no kids...LOL...so, its a major change in philosophy..
  • @Mama_Kat

It's great, tho..I wouldn't trade it for any other situation...and even the ridiculous BM scenario...doesn't make my desire to father, any less...

...becuz, honestly...if I'd have made it to 40 with no kids...I might've thrown in the towel and just continued my leisurely activities...

* now I need to figure out if I'll have more kids & ...with whom...LOL