Love Letter to an Angel Prince

edited December 2011 in Loss
You were supposed to be here today. I looked forward to this day w/ all my heart from the moment Daddy and I first saw your sweet, little gummy bear shape on the screen. For eight months I felt your love grow inside me. Your early a.m. movements like a wake-up call...all of your playful kicks and pokes when Daddy touched my belly will always be cherished and never forgotten. My love and affection for you grew beyond measures with each passing second. Daddy and I had so many plans..so many dreams...so many hopes for a bright future of loving and raising you.

Our Lord and Master had other plans. On October 15, your heart had stopped beating. Mommy and Daddy were filled with so much sadness, heartache, anguish, and despair! Our sweet prince had flown away, he was an angel now. ♥

October 20 was the best and worst day of our lives. We finally got to meet you and hold you and kiss you and tell you repeatedly how much we loved you. To say you were absolutely perfect, is an understatement. We were so in awe of you, all 4lbs and 16". Only God could have created the masterpiece that was you. There was not a feature about you that we didn't adore. I wanted to hold you forever and never let you go. However, on that day hello also meant good-bye. :'(

Maxwell, we may never understand God's unique purpose for allowing us such brief time with you but we do know we will always love you no matter what. You will always be our first and noone will ever fill your place in our hearts. I envision you having a wonderful happy time in Heaven among all the other angel babies, being comforted and held in the arms of The Lord. Mommy and Daddy are trying their best to accept that you're gone. We find joy and hope in reuniting again some day in Heaven.

When I think of you, it's hard not to cry. I never knew such tiny footprints could live such a strong impact on my ♥ I realize I shouldn't cry, I should be happy. God only selects the best and Maxwell it's easy to see you were far too perfect and pure to walk this cold, cruel world we live in. As bad as we love you, God loves you the most.

R.I.P. Sweet Maxwell Alexander Harding. Sending hugs and kisses all the way to Heaven.

Love always and forever,

Mommy & Daddy

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

• edited December 2011
    What a beautiful letter, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been following your story and you are such an amazing, strong woman. Just like I have my guardian angel watching over me so do you and that's something we'll have forever. I pray that god bless you both with a healthy baby which I know he will.
  • This is beautiful and so heartfelt. *hugs*
  • Reading ur letter made me teary eyed :'( im so sorry for ur loss. RIP Angel Maxwell :(
  • I'm sorry for such a loss. I just pray for you and admire your strength. God bless u
  • <3 hugs to u mama.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is soooo beautiful I'm sure prince Maxwell is smiling down on u!!!
  • Thanks everyone for your warm and endearing comments. Writing this was unbelievablely easy and very healing. I'm glad I had the courage to do it. I would have done this sooner but I felt it'd be best to wait until his due date and sort out everything I was really feeling.

• Awe, it was a beautiful letter :) u would have been a wonderful mother & I hope u get a chance at motherhood soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Omg thats too beautiful and heart warming. I still have tears rolling down my face