Bright red blood (maybe tmi..)

edited December 2011 in Postpartum Health
Everytime I poop.. I am 3 n 1/2 months pp. ..n I don't have any hemroids...that I know of. I'm kind of embrassed about this... should my Dr be involved?? :(

Comments

• I've been having that too latelybut I'm only three weeks pp. no idea what it is.
  • Im not too sure im 4 1/2 mos pp and have it too...???
  • @jay_brad @0811 @junebuggbabie85 I read that it is possible to have internal hemorrhoids that could have been caused from pregnancy or delivery. I would speak to your doctor just to be safe. :)
  • @misskristen thanks i did talk to my dr he said no hemorroids.. mine is not everytime but half the time...idk...
  • aw don't be embarrassed, hemorrhoids are VERY common after pregnancy! I have been dealing with them since I was 28 weeks pregnant (I'm now 9 weeks pp). they thought after the pressure of the baby was gone then they would go away but after pushing for three hrs I now have a whole new issues! lol. they might be up really high and that's why u don't feel them but see blood in ur stool.
    just mention it to ur dr and they will take a look. I actually just left a gastroenterologist today and will be having a procedure done on Monday to see if they need to be surgically removed. just remember u are not the only having butt issues and don't feel always about it!
  • @crystaldawn0830 my insurance just ran out! So I'd have to pay for it..any idea how much the surgery would b? Thanks for the support n advice! :) ;;)
  • I'm not sure I go on Monday to have a sigmoidoscopy (sp?) And they will then tell me if I need surgery or not. I'll let u know what they say but I'm sure its not cheap. Nothing medical ever is ugh!"