nuvaring & pregnancy ???

edited December 2011 in Pregnant
Been on the pill for 2months n recently started using nuva ring this month..I've been reading articles about women unknowingly getting pregnant while on nuva ring n there pregnancys ultimately ending up as a stillborn...n being told if the baby would have survived it would of had birth defects?? I've never heard of this before??? I'm extremely worried being as I have a 3month old baby boy and never want to experience having a newborn being a stillborn or having a baby with defects... all I want is healthy babies!!
so if I accidently get pregnant I don't want the nuva ring to cause me to have a unhealthy child...
Please does anyone know any stories?? I keep looking them up n seeing horror stories! :(

Comments

• Hhmmmmm don't know anything about this but would like to because I'm using the Nuvaring... I'll tag myself @ashleyz
  • I think all birth controls carry some risk of becoming pregnant and could potentially harm an unborn fetus. However, you would probably notice if you did not get your period during the week when the ring is out and most women would have enough sense to test before putting a new ring in. In my opinion, it would take long term exposure to birth control, more than a week, to cause serious harm to a fetus.
  • @misskristin that makes sense and is reassuring! Thank you.
    Bump for stories n answers :)
  • Are these rare? Im on it but thinking of going back on the pill cuz i absolutley hate the amount of discharge
  • edited December 2011
    @myressa2011 since nuvaring I am incredibly Moody!!
  • Rly? My bf says i am too but i dnt feel it maybe i shoild talk to my doc it only happens with him and i feel horrible:/
  • edited December 2011
    @myressa2011 that's how it is with me!! I'm always so hateful to my fiance!! N don't try to be I'm just Moody n have no labido(sp) what so ever