help please!

edited December 2011 in First time moms
So last night I was boiling my babys bottles and nipples and I fell asleep and our whole house filled with smoke. luckily I woke up and we all got out safely. Today I deep cleaned EVERYTHING! But the smoke smell is still lingering a little. is it ok for my baby to be in the house since you can still smell it a little?! Can someone givee some advice?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is a good question to ask a doctir or even a fireman would b able to tell u. I would think with ventilation it should b ok. Like, if u have fans turn em all on so air is circulating. I asume the smokes gone, right? Just the nasty smell it leaves behind? Good luck. What a pain to have to deal with. Glad everything turned out ok and everyones safe.
  • Not sure but glad everything is ok. You should get a bottle sterilizer to avoid this possibly happening again.
  • Boxes of baking soda can absorb smells! It may be absorbed in the paint... Did you wash curtains, blankets, etc? Use Febreeze on couches, chairs, rugs, curtains, etc.
    I did this once, put a plate of chicken nuggets in the microwave and set it on 20 instead if 2. Went to do my daughters hair, wasn't gone more than 4 minutes and smoke was pouring out of the microwave, yuck!