How much formula is your 5 week old drinking?

edited December 2011 in Ages & Stages
My baby drinks 2.5 - 3.5 oz every 3 hours, is this normal?

Comments

• I don't know as this is my first but my 5 week old is drinking 4 oz every 3-4 hours.
  • Is that through the night too? As a rough guide I think my formula carton suggests five 7oz feeds in 24 hours. My son is 7 weeks tomorrow and I breastfeed but supplement 2 feeds per day with bottle fed formula. He has 5/6oz of formula at each feed
  • Oops! I meant 5 week old....sorry for the confusion.
  • edited December 2011
    My 5 week old is breastfed and I pump, she drinks about 3-3.5 oz every 2 hours during the day and about 4 oz every 3 hours at night. As long as the baby is gaining weight its all good. Sounds normal to me.
  • My lo is eating 4-6 oz every 3-4 hrs
  • @jwrnjjp im happy to hear she is 5 weeks and not 5 months. My baby turned 6 weeks yesterday. She was born 7lb 9 oz and is now 9lb 15oz.
  • My lo is 10wks and eats 3-4oz every 2-3hrs
  • There should be a guide on similac's or emfamil's Web site, with the number of feedings and the total of ounces in 24 hours. On average my son, 2.5 mo, eats 28 to 32 ounces per day in 6 to 7 feedings.
  • Hunter is 5 week today and has between 4-6oz every 2 hrs!! I'm gna try hungry baby milk or something I think :-/
  • My little boy is 6 weeks and he drinks about 3 oz every 2-3 hours.
  • 4oz since about 3 wks old she's 7 wks now
  • Oh thank goodness, I thought that she was 5 months when I posted!!
  • My chunky monkey is slamming back 4 1/2 to 5 oz every feeding Geeze!!