any ladies and cvs tests?

edited February 2011 in August 2011
Has any other ladies had to have a cvs test and how did it all go/ what were the end result? I'm intrigued to know as I am recovering from one.......

Comments

• @yummymummy1 I am so happy u posted something bout the cvs testing.....I am scheduled to have it done also...but not till march 3rd.....I'm soooo nervous....I'm actually a carrier of a genetic disorder my first baby past away from....its a 50 percent chance the baby I'm carrying now will . Or will not have it....it sooo scary..how was it for u? I am scared its gunna b painful...was it? And did u get ur results bak yet?
  • Not judging yummyMommy1 but maybe you just have to love and maybe god know's that you hve what it takes to take care a baby with any generic disoder?Lol
  • Thank you for replying as nobody around me understands what I'm talking about as they have never needed to go through it. Anyway it was painful yes and I was very nervous and worried as they said I have a 1 in 45 chance of my baby getting downs or the other one that begins with t 21. Make sure you eat in the morning too as afterwards you may feel light headed and you are likely to get very bad cramps. I did the test two days ago and I am awaiting my results now. Still very nervous though @ harmonygirl
  • Ya the genetic disorder I carry is fatal.....which absolutely sucks my son only madde it to 4 days....thank u soo much grl....I have been searching here daily to see if anyone has posted nething about the cvs testing...I was actually goin to today....then I saw ur post..I know exactly wat u mean about no one understanding...I'm in the same boat...it sux sooo bad...all we can do is pray and hopefully we will both be blessed with healthy babies....please pray for me and I will pray for u grl.....stay strong...I know its hard...keep me posted on ur results...
  • Sorry my last post was @yummymummy1
  • Sorry about hearing about your loss but I have strong faith in the lord and will def pray for us. I will keep you posted on my results too. Stay strong x
  • @yummymummy1 hey grl....I. am goin for my cvs testing tomarrow morning at 9:15am....I'm super nervous....please pray for me n the babe...anyword on ur results yet? Will they call u with the results or do u have to go bak to the hospital to get ur results?
  • Oh wow, its tomorrow? Don't worry, I will say a prayer for you and I hope all goes well with you. Its normal to feel nervous, especially when you get there and there is other ppl sitting waiting to do the same test as you but I think you will be fine. Plus I'm still waiting on my results and yes they will call you. It should be coming any day this week but please do not go by yourself as I made that mistake.
  • @nharmonygrl I hope all went well today and that you are resting and not in too much pain. I just wanted to let you know that I recieved my results today and its good news. I'm very pleased but I hope your ok. X
  • @yummymummy1 that's soo exciting! I am very happy for u and ur lil one...the test wasn't too bad...a lil painful but tolerable...
  • @yummymummy1 so glad to hear everything is okay with your baby. Girl or boy?
    @nharmonygrl i pray you will have happy news as well.
    I have a cvs test set for 3/7. I am super nervous, i think the waiting part is going to be torture.
  • @ nharmonygrl I'm glad you found it tolerable but I hope that you are resting now and taking things easy. I also hope that all is well with your baby. You deserve good news. Xx @2nd timearound thank you so much. I'm don't know the sex yet till April but may the lord bless you and your baby on test day. I'm sure you will be ok x
  • I'm having a grl! @2ndtimearound don't worry bout the test its no biggy. I think the anticipation for the test is the worst part. Fear of the unknown . I have to wait 4-5 weeks for my test results. Because they have to culture the villi or sumthing before the lab will test it...who knows.LOL but they did this thing called fish and they were able to tell us the sex the next day. Since I'm having a grl the baby has a better chance at not having this specific genetic disorder that I carry. So it puts my mind at ease a lil bit for the time being. But God is good and is working his miracles for us so I have hope