Having so many problems at work! Help!

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I'm having so many issues at my place of work. Two Saturdays ago I was in severe pain from my ovarian cyst. It was to the point I was in tears. I went up to the manager and explained the situation and was told if left early I would no longer have a job. That just made me more of a wreck as I sat in the break room trying to figure out what to do. I called my doctors office and received a call back from the on call doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. I didn't know what to do. I spoke to the actual store manager and she said if left I might have a job might not. I left and went to the Er. Turns out I did still have a job but I got a final warning if I call out or leave early for any reason I will be terminated on the spot.

I also got a friend a job and she is also pregnant. They are doing the same thing to her.

My issue is now whenever its time to go to work I get so depressed. Seriously I cry on my way to work and I'm constantly worried I am going to have an issue and have to leave and be fired! I don't know what to do!!!

Comments

• I just went thru the same thing... I quit my job! Before my 2 weeks was up ive found a kid to watch chargin 3 an hour plus cut 80 a week for my own babysitting. I also found a low stress 3 evenings a week part time job where owner is understanding of my situation. The jobb I had wasnot worth the stress! Im relieved, happier, and feel less sick already.... I did what was best for me and baby and money worries r fixing themselves at my pace a healthy pace for me. Always have to rememmber it will be ok and eberuthing will work out. You and baby first!
  • I'm looking for a new job but I'm worried a new job won't be able to get my maternity leave...
  • If they are treating only the two of you that way and letting others leave early without threats you may have a decent lawsuit...if you wanna go that route
  • Isn't there hr guidelines or an hr dept that can help you? If you have a dr note you should be well protected. I worked for a major company for 8 yrs and they pulled that. I left after awhile bc it wasn't worth it. maybe a new job is what the dr ordered!

Good luck to you
  • Yeah someone else called out a few times in the last few weeks and she didn't get any discipline...
  • They told us both regardless of a note or not we are going to be fired they claim I'm missing too much work but I missed more last year when I had pneumonia! I feel discriminated against...
  • If I were you I would keep a log of everyone who calls in or leaves early that way if they do fire you, you can at least get a settlement for discrimination
  • Keep in mind lawsuits take a long time and will add stress... Stay positive! Try not to worry about unknown, it will all work out... Focus on u n babies health first! Good luck!
  • Not having a job is stressful too (i got laid of in December) I get unemployment but its only half of what I was getting before.
  • Not sure the laws in your state but I would go to hr and tell them you want fmla. That will protect your job anytime you leave or miss and pregnacy falls under that. If not id talk to your dr and asl them to put you on short term disability until 6 weeks after the baby comes. Good luck
  • I have recently quit my job as well my bavies health is far more important but you should have left got a doc note and if he still proceeded to fire you take him to court there are laws and ur boss was being an asshole
  • Thanks everyone. All days missed had a docs note and they told me there policy was of I were to miss work I would need a note. I feel like I should of never told em I'm preggo.

I mean god forbid something bad happens... ill be fired. I'm going to call hr. I guess I'm scared of retaliation.
  • Try not to loose your job I just got fired for being pregnant and its a lot more added stress because not to many places will hire some that's pregnant but anyways a lawsuit you totally can look into I'm doing that process now and I can't wait too get the managers for being an ass 2 me