Today's the day... I'm scared

edited December 2011 in Pregnant
At 1:30pm today is my first appointment. I'm 7 weeks 3 days and nervous!!! I actually am getting nauseous I'm nervous. I don't know why I'm do scared but please pray all goes well and That we hear a healthy little heart beat.

@hodgeslangdon @babyluv7 @armahnismommy @mrsrocketfield1221

Comments

• edited December 2011
    It's baby luv 8 girlfriend! :) good luck i'll be thinking of you! Do you know what they will be doing at this appt? U/s, pap, or just talk with you?
  • @BabyComingSoon143 Ill be keeping you and baby in my prayers hun. Do you have fb? They gave me my ultrasound @7 weeks and I saw baby bean it was so cool!!!
  • @babyluv8 sorry girl. I'm on my phone I guess I pushed the wrong one. Lol I'm not sure. I'm hoping they'll give me an ultrasound. I also need to ask questions. For sure they'll listen for the heartbeat right? What did they do at yours? :)
  • @hodgeslangdon thanks girl. Yes, my email is mom2be8511@gmail or to search my name: Jordan Elizabeth Rosado
  • Good luck hun praying all goes well
  • At my first one they did absolutely nothing. Then my next one was scheduled for a week later & they did a pap & blood tests. then I scheduled an u/s for the following week. This might bum you out but they won't be able to hear a heart beat that early. One app told me 11-14w is when you can hear it. But I know one girl in here heard it just passed 10w I believe. disappointing I know!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @babyluv8 I heard my daughters at 8 weeks :) and I will fight for an ultrasound if the Doppler doesn't pick it up :D lol

@armahnismommy thanks girl. I sure am praying!!!
  • Best of luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    @armahnismommy what do you mean you could hear it at 5w3d but the doppler won't pick it up until 12? I thought we were talking about a doppler lol. I didn't know there was something else! What did you hear it with!? I'm curious cuz I wish I could have heard mine at my first appt! I saw babies heart beat on the u/s but at the appt where I met my dr and got my pap he took his stethoscope and couldn't hear it and I didn't know then but at that time I was 8w 3d.

I hope you get your u/s. My clinic only has 1 or 2 u/s machines which could be why I couldn't do mine. They had one appt left open after my pap but I had to be back to work. Also my first appt wasn't actually with my ob I didn't meet him until my second appt!
  • @armahnismommy only u/s??!! Thatd be nice! I'm 16w2d and my last 2appt he used doppler. I go the 17th of january for my 2nd and my last u/s. a normal pregnancy only gets 2 u/s!! The first initial one, then the 2nd one around 20w! Atleast where im from! :(
  • @armahnismommy my dr still uses the Doppler And what I love is the nurse will listen to the heart beat and then the dr does too when he comes in so I get to hear it twice at every appointment :)
  • @armahnismommy they don't. I guess they assume that as long as there is a heart beat then baby is growing. Who knows! But yeah I wish I could get more u/s'!
  • good luck!!
  • @armahnismommy @babyluv8 @m_star925 @lacy809 well NO ULTRASOUND AND NO HEARTBEAT FOR ME TODAY!!! Lol!!! Official dd August 6th but because I had a cone biopsy done in 2008, I'll get an ultrasound every 2 weeks. So.. Jan 4th, I'll have an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat thank God!!! I was so mad when I left but I'm ok now. Lol
  • My doctor used dopplers...I had six u/s but I had a mc in Feb and got preggo right after with no period in between so in the beginning I had a bunch but my last one was at 24w.
  • What's a cone biopsy? thats alot of u/s!
  • @babyluv8 they took a big piece of my cervix to test because I have hpv and they found pre-cancerous cells so when they removed it, they got all the cells but at my 6 wk pp visit, I got another abnormal pap. :-/
  • oh... My sil had that too I believe or something similar but not hpv. She had to do invitro start years of trying. Just had her twins on the 2nd! She had u/s every 4w I believe.
  • How do they get away with NOT giving you an ultrasound? Its your first appointment they have to make sure everything is where it should be and blood tests and urine sammples don't do that. I would demand it! It bothers me when doctors aren't thorough. Im sure everything is fine but it should be your choice about the u/s.
  • @armahnismommy yeah they said itd be hard for me to have kids but God had other plans! :D they got it all but with an abormal pap again, makes me nervous. @CrisJoe I know!!! I tried so hard but wasn't gonna happen. :( jan 4th *sigh*
  • AHHH just came on and UGH that is SO frustrating isn't it!!?!?! at my first i didn't get to hear the heartbeat (was 9wks) and they weren't ever gonna do a u/s till 20 but the pregly's told me on the nuchal u/s so i got in at 13! I'm sorry they didn't... but i have faith all will be wonderful!! :) can't wait till you get to go back in!!! HANG IN THERE!!! >:D<
  • @mrsrocketfiled1221 SO frustrating! I'm glad you got your ultrasound and thanks for all the positivity :D I love my pregly friends. I wish we all lived closer. >:D<