Regrets

edited December 2011 in Parenting
Well for my first post............ I'm going to post something that I have not read on here before (although that does not mean that it has not been talked about). Has anyone got their tubes tied, had there husband snipped, or done any other things to not get pregnant anymore and have later regretted it?

I'm wondering because I used to want a large family but both of my pregnancies were rough and with my last one I had to have a planned csection at 37 weeks. I would not mind more kids but I DO NOT want to go through pregnancy again. I had cholestasis of pregnancy (liver failure) and it was absolutely miserable. You itch so bad, my feed were raw and bleeding so bad and I wish for no one to ever have to experience this. I had to have csections with both of my boys and the doctor said I would always have to and he does not recommend getting pregnant again. My husband would love a little girl but understands it is not good for my health. With all of this being said, I wanted to have my husband get a vasectamey (which he agreed to) and I wanted to know if anyone has done something like this and regretted it in the past? I'm not sure if I should wait until we are older (both 24) or just do it now?

Comments

• Welcome!! I'm new too!! I have four kids 3 girls and just had a lil boy 11/2.. My husband and talked about all that stuff to and deceided against it!! I wasn't 100% sure and he didn't want to get the vasectamey although he sais he would if i really wanted him to. My sis got her tubes tied and now she is regreting it.. I say if you are unsure you should,'t do it.. I also had cholestasis with my son.. It sucks and what made it worst was I went to the er room and they acted like I was drugie best I iched and didn't have a rash so when I went to my dr he gave me some meds which helped some.. Good luck
  • I think that if you have any doubts that you should wait. You are very young. That being said have you went to get a 2nd opinion on having another baby? You don't want to do anything to risk your life with two kiddos at home, but sometimes some doctors can exaggerate when others think differently. Its a big thing getting sterilized...I think you need to know if its the only option before you or your hubby have it done.
  • I'd say if you have doubts, wait. Just my opinion though.
  • Im 23 and just had my 2nd boy. This last pregnancy was so hard on my body that I decided he would be our last. My husband will be making an appt soon to get snipped. I think if you are unsure, you should probably wait. I am COMPLETELY sure that I am done, or I wouldnt even consider letting him have the procedure. You never know how you will feel down the road
  • Thanks for all the input! I guess im better off to just wait. I would be really upset if I was pregnant right now and right after I had jaksyn I was positive I wasn't having more kids. But now im not so sure so I guess ill wait.
  • I haven't quite figured out how to tag people yet
  • Put @ before their screenname
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @armahnismomny now a days reversing tubal ligations is hard. They no linger just spin your tubes they remove an inch in the middle. It's harder to reverse this vs 10 years ago.

To the post. I was married for 10 yrs and my ex husband and I had 2 together and one each from high school loves. Well he got snipped. When we divorced I ended up getting into another relationship and had a baby. My honey didn't have kids. Now I'm 37 with my new baby and I definitely know I'm done. Just had my tubes tide last week.

With saying this... Just wait a little cause I'm glad I did.. not saying you'll leave your husband just saying if you unsure don't do it.
  • I have a friend who's now ex husband made her get her tubes tide, shes now remarried and would love to have another, but cant (not that im saying something bad is going to happen) but who knows maybe in the next 10 years they'll come up with something to help ease the pain, get on that shot that takes away your period of you're not wanting another anytime soon
  • I think getting a vasectomy reversed is pretty expensive and then not guaranteed.
  • Please please wait. My girl is 3 months. I have 3 other children, and I was having doubts even when the dr asked about it while on the table. Now I am soooo sad that its done. Not that I would have had more, but not being able to is like a huge brick on my chest a lot of the time. If someone ha any doubts, even a little, they should wait. Of course, had I not got it done I know I would have had another baby...and I know 4 is right for me, but for some reason I wish I could have another. Its all so confusing, getting something permanently done (and a vasectomy should be considered permanent) just makes it all more confusing, trust me.