Preeclampsia

edited December 2011 in Third Trimester
Have any ladies been diagnosed with preeclampsia? I've been dizzy lately with swelling in the hands & feet and headaches. They tested me a week ago and said the results were normal, but now my face is puffy and my right shoulder is killing me. I thought it might have been heartburn, but I'm on Zantac and I've been chewing Tums...nothing helps. Is it possible to develop pre e so quickly??

Comments

• If you're close to the end yes!
  • edited December 2011
    @devinedesign I'm 37w1d. And I haven't had any problems with my BP, it was only slightly higher yesterday at my appt than it's been my whole pregnancy.
  • My whole first pregnancy I had a great BP. Then week 39 it was always above 140/100. I had to be induced. It was hypertension which can be the start of preeclampsia.
  • edited December 2011
    @devinedesign My bp was only 126/80 (normally 117/76) Thursday, although. When my doc and I talked about the headaches and seeing spots, he mentioned sending me for monitoring, but they had just done that on Monday. During my monitoring, I was laying on my left side and my bp was 98/54 which I thought was crazy low, but they said it was fine. I'm debating whether or not to call into L&D. The swelling in my hands and feet has been awful the last few days. They both hurt, my fingers go numb, and my feet have gotten purple.
  • @homebirthadvocate Can I get your opinion? In response to my last post, my iron level was fine and baby seems to be active. Baby has been going from periods of crazy activity for no reason (not because I ate or drank something sugary to periods of being very lazy. During my NST on Thursday, the baby's heart rate started out near 180 and eventually calmed down a little, but was mostly 160-170's. The baby wasn't really moving or rolling very much at the time and I was having some mild contractions.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @ashleyfew

The swelling doesn't seem to go down no matter what I've tried. Resting, elevating, more water, walking...I didn't experience any of this swelling with my son and it's quite uncomfortable. I'm going to go to Target (on Christmas Eve...yikes) and see if they can take my bp before I make any calls to L&D. The swelling in my face makes me a tad more worried because my face hasn't changed at all during the pregnancy. The blurred vision/seeing spots or lights has been random, although worse when I start feeling nauseous.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got it after I delivered my bp was 225/126
  • Couldn't find a place to get my bp taken. Tried drinking more water, relaxing, and walking. I had some contractions, about 30-45 apart for a few hours, but then I was just too tired to keep moving around. My lower back & hips are incredibly sore as well as my cervix. Also leaking a lot of goo. Gonna get some sleep and see how I feel in the morning. Baby is moving at the moment.