Baby Daddy Trouble

edited February 2011 in Teen moms
My boyfriend and I just broke up yesterday because of his childish ways and him following in his dumb brothers foot steps! We were suppose to move in together and get married right after I turned eighteen! At this point he still wants to move in together but I'm not sure if he wants to work it out! He knows about the baby and knows that I'm serious about this, but he just can't seem to grow up! I'm really scared that I might have to go through this alone!
---Seventeen & Pregnant

Comments

• You are strong and you can do it. What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger.
  • UHhh same thing wuth me... Except im 19..... N my bf wants tu move n get married but its me pulling bac cuz he jus acts so childish n follows nowadays..... Idk what I will du either.... But gud luck....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol these silly men these days! They asl need to grow up!
  • Wow see I am dealing with just the opposite. I'm 23 and my bf is 21, and we are on rocks and ice because he wants to move out and get married, but its too fast for me. When I turned 19 I moved out with my ex and it was hard, we struggled, and he turned out to be drunk/abusive and cheated on me with my best friend, with me finding out the hard way by contracting the same sti she had been treated for just a month earlier. On the outside he was a great guy, was approved by most of my family and all of my friends.

Now this boyfriend wants to move in together, after never living on his own before, and get married shortly after. While I do love him, and definitely am considering spending the rest of my life with him, I am just not ready to do so, and know for a fact he is not either. It causes fights that end with us not speaking to each other days and sometimes a week or more at a time. This baby was obviously not planned but a surprise, and sometimes I hope it makes him grow up fast enough to learn what he needs to learn so we can move out and get married. But I realize that it wont necessarily, and until then luckily have the support of my parents and a place to raise the baby.

I guess what I'm saying is first give him a CHANCE to grow up. Yes a baby is a huge life change and you will both change a lot through it. But you aren't even 18 yet, there is no reason to rush into doing such things yet. You don't have to get married just for a baby, regardless of how long you've been together, you are both still VERY young and BOTH have a lot of growing up and learning to do. We have age limits for reasons, at 18 you may legally be an adult, but trust me (and every other parent who says it to you!) you are not grown up fully yet.
    A baby will do a lot to mature the two of you, maybe that's what you need before you make the decision to spend the rest of your lives together.
  • Wow....that really shed some light on the situation! Thank you lots! <3
  • My boyfriend is a douche 87% of the time... and childish. Not to mention he is two years older then me (18 & 20) and already has a 21 month old..
    So stressful. And sometimes I wonder what did I get myself into but im staying strong.
  • my boyfriend is 18 nd he stil acts like hes 2 specially over little things but hes stressing to . give him a chance to grow up and see whats in frobt if him . my boyfriend is starting to come aroynd . hes hus nervous and scared . itll get better . good luck .