~*~ unusual birth story ~*~

edited December 2011 in Birth Stories
My birth story began on the 3rd of November, I went into my regular dr apt and lucky me he stripped my membranes. At the time I was almost 4cm dilated, 39 weeks and more then ready for him to be here :) My dr told me that 70% of ladies go into labor, I wasn't totally convinced! So I decided I had better go shopping for the little guy as I'd put it off long enough. I was starting to have a few mild mestral like cramps, a little bleeding but that was about it. I called my husband at work and let him know there was a possibility bit that I wasn't guaranteeing him anything! He immediately got off work and went home to wait for me, apparently very excited.
Well I didn't go into labor while shopping so I made my way home and started washing baby cloths, packing bags and doing a little extra clean up around the house. During this time my cramps stopped and I was extremely disappointed, maybe even a little mad! So upset as I was thinking I was in the 30% that didn't get a jumpstart into labor I went to bed, it wad about 10:00. Well I was soon woke back up and when I looked at my phone it said 11:40, at that time I was cramping pretty good but I didn't think I was in labor yet. As I waited to start labor I got up did more laundry, took a shower and thought about timing these "cramps". Well they timed about 1min long and about 1min apart, not terribly consistent so I figured I had plenty of time if it was labor.
To be on the safe side I woke my hubby up and let him know that maybe this was it, but I wasn't too sure. He said let him know and he'd go feed horses and get out two older kids ready. About 15minto later, almost 1:00, I said yeah maybe we should go on in. He got right ip said he'd go do chores then come get other kids up, that sounded great at the time butI as soon as he went out I realized that things were starting to hurt and I had better get the things hurrying up.
By the time he came in the house the lids were up dressed had gotten things in the truck that needed to go and we were ready to go. So my hubby jumped in a quick shower and away we went! Now we live basically in the country with the hospital being about 1.5 hours away. Well we left at 1:40 am, and then things got interesting :) sitting down hurt so I spent contractions kneeling on the front seat looking backwards at times standing up, thankfully my truck is huge so I had the room! Well when we were about 30to minutes away it got intense so I decided I should take my pants off!!! Which really freaked my husband off and he started honking on it! Well at about 2:20 we pulled into the hospital, jumped the curb ran over some shrubs and my hubby ran in the door..... well he ran into the door, apparently the lock the doors at night :) I jumped out pf the truck wrapped in a towel all humility gone as my hubby worked things out with security and got me a wheel chair. He had the lids push me in to the receptionist who starting giving me 20 questions.
Well when she started wheeling me to the elevators I had started another contraction so was unable to talk, when we got to labor and delivery floor I started another one. About 10 feet out the door my water broke all over and my baby came out right after.

To be continued......

Comments

• Whoa that's intense
  • Yours sounds like mine only it was 3 days after i got stripped but actual labor was only an hour& i had to call an ambulance =(
  • My phone was going to die so I had to take a break :) it was very intense, but very exciting!

When I delivered him it was just myself and the poor receptionist pushing me andcalling calling for help.The nurses swarmed us as soon as he was out and on my chest, they got is in a room and had me sitting on the edge of the bed by the time my hubby and kids made it up. When they walked in I had most of the nursing staff and my dr in the room we were all talking and laughing. He was called the hallway baby by the hospital staff and had many visitors.
    My first two babies I was induced and had no idea what going into labor was like. He was my smallest baby at 7# 15oz, 20 3/4 inches long but with such a quick labor I required a lot of stitches!

Thank you all for reading, he is such a cute baby and the joy of our lives :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OMG that's nuts!! Glad he's ok tho! Congratulations
  • Crazyyyyy!!!and fun to read congrats!
  • Love it! My delivery was boring!
  • Aww thats is unusual congrats!!!
  • Oh wow lol... Congrats hun :) my auntie had her Baby in a taxi & the cab driver was in shock haha & they now Call the Baby taxi lol
  • wow, amazing. thats gonna be a story to tell forever lol congrats :D
  • congratulations!! That's a really good story :)
  • Congrats! Thats a fun story!! :) glad everyone is ok.
  • Its very similar to my second birth, was a 2 hour labour and only 10 mins in hospital before bubs was born :-)
  • Try 22minutes 5 pushes no drugs. Congrats hun
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone! My first two were pretty uneventful so I guess I was due for some excitement :) He has been doing great and will have a story to remember.Next week is his two month apt and I can't wait to see how much he's grown.

@5lilangels I had no drugs and didn't push but 22 minutes is crazy! Good job!!
  • Wow well done
  • Wow congrats!!!! I love great happy stories like this!!