how do you cope??

edited December 2011 in First time moms
I go back to work in six days. I cry nonstop. I can't stay home due to my hubby and I needing my income too. I cry so hard when I think of leaving her. Will she forget me? Will she wonder where I am?? I can't endure this pain anymore. How do you deal?

Comments

• You just do what you have to do it's hard but u can survive it she won't forget u she will b happy to c u
  • Any tips for the first morning? Am I being overly dramatic???
  • I don't know honey, I was ready to go back to work. Of course I miss my babies and some days are harder to leave than others. But I tell myself I'm working to give my babies the life they deserve, and that smile when you get home is sooooo worth it!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Seriously. The aching heart! I wish I could send her to my mom but she works too. Ahhhh I will need a box of Kleenex and a shot of Baileys in my coffee that first morning. Lol.
  • Talk about your baby alot on the first day to help you feel connected once u get thru the first day the next will b easier good luck
  • I just went back last week. I cried all the way to daycare and all the way to work after that. The second day was so much easier I'm expecting this week to be even easier. I would love to stay home also but working and helping support our family is the most important thing right now. Hang in there mama it will be ok!!
  • I'm a stay at home mom I also might go back to work but I left for 45 min and freaked out but she was fine w my Nana its normal today was the first time I've ever left her
  • Oh my gosh I know EXACTLY how you're feeling!!!! Cry it out. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed. I cried on the way to his daycare, I cried at his daycare, I cried on the way to work and I cried at work. I dog however ask that the women I work with not ask me about it cause I cried any time I started THINKING about it. So for me, that made it a little bit more bearable to have that privacy. They knew to leave me alone for that first day cause it was so hard for me.
    We also visited him on our lunch and I called a lot that first week. Most daycares are all about that. Open door policy for parents.
    And ENIOY your child when you are with her and enjoy the things she does while at school. That makes it a bit easier for me too. I love looking at his art work and lovevreading the comments about his day. It's also comforting to hear his teacher talk about his day, that's also why I call a lot.
    Good luck my dear and know that you CAN get through it! :)
  • Thanks ladies!