Disciplining

edited December 2011 in Parenting
When did you start "disciplining" your lo. I heard 6 months. Bentley's 5 1/2 months. And he's starting to pinch and pull hair. So when he does, I tap his hand and say no no in a stern voice. Do you think he's too young? I just wanna break bad habits early on.

Comments

• I don't think that's to early
  • Start asa they are old enough to know there name as well old enough to do things like that. I started pretty early as well.
  • Nah, ur good. They can understand language and if you don't communicate good vs bad, they wont know. Just make sure u also say ohhb bentley that hurts mommy! They can read body language too and facial expressions teach them a lot about emotion too. So I think ur ok :) just dont expect him to sit in time out at 1 lol
  • Okay good. I had some comments about, oh he's just a baby, he doesn't know any better! But I beg to differ lol.
  • @lovinmy4 lol yeah when I say no no, he just laughs. And I was like, omg your gonna be a kid who just laughs when I put you in time out o_0 lol
  • Yeah, I started early as well
  • Lol well at first he's gonna laugh at ya cuz ma, ur cute and ur talkin to him and hes like yayyyy mommy haha but he'll get it, to hell with other people, he didn't come out of them, they have no say!
  • Go for it, its not like you're spanking his bum! My girl is almost 8 months and she's already telling ME no LOL! Hopefully it doesn't backfire like my efforts did haha.