itchy breast pads

edited December 2011 in Breastfeeding
Do breast pads make anyone else itch? I have been treated for thrush so I know that isn't it. I tried with and without and when I don't wear them I don't itch. I have to go back to work soon,and don't know what to do. I am going to try non-disposable ones and see if they are better. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Comments

• Any material on my nipples after feeding or when leaking makes them itch
  • I liked useing nipple cream before i put mine on it really helped with pain and itching too!
  • @momaynot Yes they itch the crap out of me and arent comfortable until they are wet enough that they have to be replaced. I was going to get the material ones that looked softer but they seemed to be more maintenance than disposable ones so I passed. Let me know how they are.
  • I switched to the Medela washable pads recently for the same reason! They are more visible then the Lansinoh (purple box) disposables but itch less! Love them! I'm at home, however, so I don't mind the visibility. My friends know I'm bf and that's who I see the most so it's not weird like strangers at work. Maybe get a padded nursing bra to help give you a bust line without the look of breast pads. :)
  • Ok I am happy I am not alone. I thought I was going crazy!