Lost my sexuality

edited December 2011 in Relationships
I feel like I've lost my sexuality.i know longer see myself as a sexual being.i only see myself as a food source and a care taker. I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight I actually am skinnier than I was. I've got some stretch marks and my scar but they are fading.i don't look bad I just don't feel sexual.i never want ti be touched or mess around I definitely don't want to have sex. I don't even have the urge to mb (tmi) and I haven't had sex in over two months.i haven't had enjoyable sex in over six months.i just don't know what to do to get even the slightest bit of sex drive back.I'm at such a loss I used to be a sexual fiend now I'm nothing. I'm rambling illl stop now.

Comments

• Youre prbably just too tired to think about sex. also breastfeeding can change somethings. you will get back to your old self. just give yourself time
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've read, although I don't know how accurate the source was since it was online, but breast feeding can lower your sex drive. It definitely did for me. Now that I'm not, I've got my mojo back..
  • My story is the exact same as yours. Minus the part of c section scar. My son is 4 1/2 months and I have no interest what so ever I even feel bad and think about having sex with my fiance just to make him happy but then I change my mind I'm to tired
  • Ok I was starting to think I was the Only one yay I fell so bad we fight a lot bcuz of it I fell like a horrible wife we have three kids annd our oldest is three
  • Taylor and I haven't had sex in 5 months. He's like dying but I just never feel like it and it hurts we try?
  • Me too.girl! Me too! (*)
  • But I also exclusively breast feed so maybe that's why.
  • I never thought breastfeeding would make me less sexual but maybe my daughter was bottle fed and I was still intimate with him but not this baby lol
  • When I breastfed my daughter until I think she was 5 months....whenever the little stink started biting lol...I didn't have a sex drive either. The whole 5 months I didn't even feel a tingle down there. Not even a week after I stopped, I started to feel something...and I was back to being myself about a few weeks. You have to give yourself time though, you just had your baby a few weeks ago. Being a Mommy is what your body is telling you to do :-)
  • I am breastfeeding so that probably has alot to do with it.. I just feel bad and I'm paranoid because I've breen cheated on so much I just don't want him to go looking elsewhere. And I mean he is very hot and while i was pregnant there were constantly girls telling him to leave me and trying to get with him. I am just afraid that if something doesn't happen soon he may not so no to one of them.
  • My baby is nearly 4 months. I'm not bf, but I lost my sex drive very esrly on in my pregnancy and it hasn't come back yet. I do feel bad, but even if I try to just get into it I am always afraid that I will be incredibly bored and just kinda lay there, i don't have the energy to even fake it. And that whole thought process doesn't help either. We don't do it anymore. My fault not his. I think we have had sex maybe 4 times since he's been born, less than 10 times in a year....it sucks. Last weekend, I had to get REALLLLLLLLLLY drunk....sad story.
  • I feel the same way. I didnt know bf had something to do with it is it because bf does something with your hormones?
  • Ohhh and I just started taking bc, yaz, and says it coukd do it too...uggghhhh I am doomed
  • I'm getting in the mirena in two weeks. I'm hoping that will help a bit because alot is I do not want to get pregnant again
  • Breastfeeding suppresses estrogen production and it can really mess with your sex drive. It can also make it painful @bentleysmommy716. I've been dealing with it for almost 5 months now. I have to be REALLY turned on for sex not to hurt lol.
  • I felt like this until recently. My baby is almost 6 months and its just starting to come back. I just stopped bf exclusively, and it has helped. Hang in there
  • I do not breastfeed but I'm going threw the same thing I keep thinking its putting on a strain in my relationship I don't even want to be touched and when we do it still is uncomfortable and its been 5 months!!
  • @homebirthadvocate do you have any idea why is still be so uncomfortable I never breastfed so I don't understand....Plus I feel like I'm going threw ppd so I don't know if that plays a part in my not wanting to do it issue :/
  • @august22baby I'm not afraid of him leaving me because I'm not horny I'm afraid the temptation will be to much for him because I know he's young and has needs and women are constantly throwing himself at him.he would never cheat intentionally but I want to make sure he's happy and doesn't slip up and I feel bad that I cant make him happy right now
  • @erkiehadagirl I'm also suffering from ppd and think that may have something to do to
  • You will get there! It all takes time,don't be discouraged.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you so much for that info it makes a lot of sense!I just set up a councler so I hope that helps!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Thanks for sharing everyone