Anyone who gave birth in Illinois- Birth Certificate Question

edited December 2011 in Giving birth
I gave birth at Loyola Hospital in Melrose Park and they just gave me the application for my babies birth certificate and sent it themselves. I was reading another discussion on here where people were saying they had to pay a fee but I never paid anything. My baby is 10 weeks and I have not recieved anything yet. Anyone in Illinois please tell me how long it took for you to get yours and what the process was...

Comments

• I just went downtown and got mines. You get it the same day an it was like $15
  • I got the form from the hospital. I delivered at St. Alexius in hofman estates they told me to fill it out and mail it 3 wks after i had her. I payed $15 for one copy and $4 for and extra one. It came about 2 wks later
  • @twoisenough Yeah I think I'm gonna do that thanks

@myressa2011 Did u send a check or how did u pay?
  • I payed with a check and they said to place a evenlope with my address so they could mail them to me. you might just have to go or call the place to see what you need to do. i would suck to have to go downtown its such a pain in the ass
  • @myressa2011 yes I really hope I don't have to, driving down there and parking is a pain in the ass! :-(
  • @excitedforoctober no problem!! And I drove an then took the train the rest of the way so I didn't have to worry about parking I was in and out