Sleeping

edited December 2011 in First time moms
My son will be three months on the second and refuses to go to sleep until between 12 and am. I have to get up at 5am everyday to go to work. I am soooo exhausted. He just cries and cries and cries. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end!

Comments

• try keeping him up longer through out the day.. even if he wants to go to sleep wake up every hour and try to keep him up! I had to do that with my son! He just turned 8 weeks and now he'll sleep anywhere from 5 to 7 hours a night!
  • I am trying to figure out the same about my little monkey.He goes to sleep between 11 and 12 am every night and I am going back to work on Monday so this needs to change! ...yesterday I tried to get him to go to bed earlier and he finally did at 10pm. BUT the downside is he woke up at 1am and at 4:30am and when he goes to bed at 11 he only wakes up at 4 or 5 so I'm trying to figure out whats better...going to sleep an hour later and only getting up once a night OR going to bed earlier but waking up twice :-<
  • I keep my son up as much as I can during the day he takes cat naps so the most he ever sleeps is 20 min tops & he sleeps through the nights. & some nights wakes up once during the night.
  • How do u keep him up? Jo Jo won't wake up for anything if he doesn't want too.
  • Get into a bedtime routine...bath, dress, feed, rock, story. My lo is 2 months and is in bed at 8pm for about 5 hours
  • Tagging myself so I can read later I'm in the same boat..
  • I need some ideas too, @frida314 self tag so I can come back too.
    My baby is only taking one 4 hr nap and the rest of the day and night as soon as we put him down he wakes up. I don't think he is sleeping as much as babies need to. He can happily sleep on my chest but I'm trying to break that habit , how?