what is the best way on getting a schedule setup for my littleman.

edited December 2011 in Sleep
He is almost 2mths old his routine has been like this:

Wakes up around 8:00 or 9:00 am wants food eats about 6 ounces
Stays up about a hour+
Has a snack 1-4 ounces
Falls asleep for maybe 2+hours
Hungry
Plays for about 3hrs
So on until about 1030pm and he starts getting fussy because he is tired. So he eats 8ounces inbetween 1030 and 1130. Fussing the whole time until he fall asleep. Then he wakes up around 5 am.
I'm about to start work my schedule is going to be from9am to 2. Should I keep his schedule the same or try changing it????

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not sure, but you do have an interesting schedule. My baby is 3 1/2 months. Her schedule is

Wakes at 7am eats 5.5oz
    Eats at 11am 5.5oz
    Eats at 3pm 5.5oz
    Eats at 6pm 5.5oz
    Eats at 9pm 5.5oz
    In bed for the night at 9:30

She doesn't get snacks between meals and very rarely wakes in the middle of the night. She takes 25-45min naps throughout the day.
  • He naps throughout the day but it anywhere from 15 mins to 4 hrs. He is very active. I really can't complain. But this going to bed at 12 and getting up at 430 5o'clock is really taking a toll on me. My hubby wontt wake too his cries. When I start work here in next week I need some sleep lol. Not only that I can't be late for work. He usually hungry around the time I need to leave for work. I tried cereal onetime mixed with formula I didn't like how it made him basically go all day without pooping. He really eats a lot. He usually don't eat the same amt each time. Like now he was content with 3 ounces lol. Maybe I should stop giving snacks ??? @bonita85
  • I would try that. My pediatrician said that by 4 months they will typically have their sleep pattern. Lol gotta nip it in the but before than. Try increasing his actual meals a half oz and make him eat the same amount at every feeding. If he falls asleep wake him to finish. Also have him wait a little longer between feedings. I gave my little girl an 1/2oz of nursery water 4 times a day for a few days to get her threw to her next feedings. my pediatrician said no more than 2oz of water a day.
  • How much does your son weigh? Rule of thumb is 2.5oz times babies weight equals amount of formula a baby should eat a day
  • @Bonita85
    At his one month check up he weighed 10lbs 5 ounces. That was dec 7. The pedi. Told me to up his bottle to 7 ounces and if that didn't cut it to feed him inbetween feedings. Could it be thee formula??
  • Not really sure. Does he eat 7 oz at every main feeding
  • What kind of formula is he on
  • Yea except for last night my hubby made 8 ounce bottle. Which he took it with out throwing up or spitting up. It took about a hour for him to finish it. Newborn enfamil. I was bf an formula feeding but it got to the point my breast milk was hitting the spot. I still bf from time to time just to let him get his immune system up.maybe once or twice a day. But this morning when he woke up to feed I tried bf. he did what my neice calls angry feeding. Which made me wanna let my milk dry up completely. He goes to the doctor for his 2mths check up next week. so if I can't get him on better sleeping pattern ill see what the doctor tell me to do.
  • Well let me know how it all turns out. I gave my daughter the newborn one too but at 3 months I did switch to the infant. I think infant one is better to be honest. Her poop and sleep habits at night got better a week after changing to enfamil infant could be coincidence though. I didn't have a problem with her getting full off enfamil newborn but I have read that some people do have that problem. Best of luck!!!
  • Thanks that's really helpful. Do you know if His formula has to be changed how do I go about getting it changed in his wic? They give wic out 3mth in advance which I think is dumb -_- @bonita85
  • Not really sure maybe call and ask. They may want a Dr note saying it has to be switched.
  • K well thank you for the help :) I really do appreciate it. @bonita85
  • Its deff not the formula, its the ounces u are giving him that makes him fussy. My daughter is 8 months and takes a 7oz bottle...my nieces and nephews that are just about a year just started taking 8oz bottles. Please double check with pedi, it just doesn't sound right to me. Hope this helps!
  • Sounds like your Lo and my Lo have a similar schedule .. the only way I can get him to sleep by 10 is a nice warm bath .. if he doesn't get his bath he will be up til 1ish . Idk how you feel about that though some mothers are against taking their Lo's baths everyday. I personality have been doing it since he was 2 months and he has been great sleeping until 6am & has not been sick or have had dry skin .. good luck
  • @Emzally he really not fussy its just when he hungry or right before he falls asleep at night. He fights sleep like crazy at night time. He doesn't really eat 7 oz each time. He is gaining weight like normal he was at 50% in he weight range 60% on his height.
  • @stephforever89 any luck with putting your little one on a Schedule.
  • Yea until tonight my hubby screwed it up-_- I did cut back on the amount he was snacking on. I also finally got him to nap a little more during the day. my hubby decides to waste formula by making 8oz bottles. I've been trying to tell him isaiah is only eating 6oz evey 4 hours with maybe a 2 oz snack. But the snacking has been cut down to 4 times a day :). Isaiah wakes uup tonight for his usual feeding at 230 3. My hubby makes 8oz bottle-_- isaiah eats a oz or 2 and falls asleep. I ask my hubby what he is doing he said he fell asleep . I told hbby to wake him up to finish. If he doesn't he going to be even fussier if he doesn't eat at least 6oz . So guess what littleman is up as we speak he woke up fussy and hungry. now isaiah won't go back to sleep @bonita85
  • Aww that sucks when someone messes up the schedule on you. My mom and sister think I'm nuts for having Carly on a schedule.